It was a nice day here in Southern California so I decided to go talk a walk yesterday. Walked down the street where all the bars are located. Of course being St. Patrick's Day weekend there were a lot of people wearing green downing green beer like someone rescued from dehydration in the desert would down water.

I took a look at these men. Out of shape. Fat. Double Chins. Belly overhangs. Soft. Shit body composition. Pudgy. There were a few guys who might have been in shape but for the most part it was a hodgepodge of out of shape skinny fats or outright fats.

Poor dietary choices and lack of exercise surely contributes to obesity and fatness and being soft and weak. But I think one of the main culprits of fat assery is excessive beer and alcohol consumption.

I don't drink. I gave it up a long time ago. I learned that anytime alcohol was involved with me something bad would always happen. And that you don't need alcohol to have fun, or "loosen up". I gave it up. But this post isn't an anti-alcohol or anti-beer crusade. I'm not saying to give up your drinking(although its never a bad idea). What I am saying is that if you don't want to be a fat or skinny fat piece of shit slob with a soft body composition, you have to meticulously track your alcohol consumption like you track your macros. I'll take it one step further - I'd treat it like you would treat "bad" foods like sugar.

Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and is considered the 4th macro. Combine those 7 calories with carb loaded beer, sugar laced mixers, or paired with unhealthy bar food, a night out of drinking can add up in terms of calories. And if you are doing a good job with food choices and macro tracking, this alcohol consumption can wipe out any progress you are making in the kitchen.

Summer is coming up and if you haven't started already it might be a good time to start working on your summer bodies. Do what I did. Go take a stroll around the bars in your area and scope out your competition. It's not hard to be in the Top 10 % of men. Most are skinny fat or outright fat pieces of shit slobs with body compositions softer than the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I think simply having a visible jawline or a flat stomach automatically puts you in the top 25% of body composition. Eat right, diet right, get shredded, get ripped, have visible veins on your arms and all over your body, a chiseled jawline, and you'd be surprised at how far ahead you are over your fellow male competition and how much IOIs you will get. Beer and alcohol will impede your progress so if you must indulge, track that shit and use in moderation.

That's all I have to say about that. No doubt the comment section below someone will chime in about how being big is all that matters and that body definition and being lean/shredded doesn't matter. That's great if you believe that. But I laugh at you "perma bulk" types. The ones who walk around the gym with cut off sleeves puffing out their chest acting like they are all big and strong after pumping out their set on whatever lift they just did, all while having an apron stomach pot belly that overhangs their waistband on their shorts, cankles, and 3 chins. And think they are badasses because their arms with barbed wire tattoos are big, despite the fact most of their arm circumference is because their triceps have more blubber than a walrus. You aren't as much of a badass as you think you are.