Purpose: a remedial beginners guide to striking up conversations. don't be that self-conscious guy in the corner that makes everyone uncomfortable just by the quiet anxious energy he gives off

Me: Blue Pill / "Nice Guy"/ autistic, swallowed the pill 3 years ago. Devoured sidebar and hit the gym. I've gained 30 lbs, I've gotten way better at striking up conversations, flirting, being the Captain of my ship, I enjoy going out on my own, I enjoy going out with friends more, I get IOI's. I'm not TheUltimateCAD but I dabble, and the option is there. Side Note: don't get married. If you're obsessed with raising your own kids, don't get married until you've spun plates, have solid frame, and find a naturally submissive woman. Even then, don't. No frame early in my marriage will always hold me back, even after doing the 12 Steps of Dread.

I get compliments on my conversation skills. A few comments to a blue pill friend; the guy red-pilled himself and now has the social life of a rock star. He thinks its because of me, really it's all him, I just nudged him into being himself and to stop apologizing for breathing.

Body:

Casual conversation struggles have 3 causes

1) you're in your head

Talk to everyone throughout your day. Talk to the person in line behind you about how crazy that new variety of Pumpkin Spice Latte is, and you're a little embarrassed about how badly you want to try such a girly drink. Or weather, just talk.

Don't be afraid to be that weird guy that just talks to people out of the blue. Comment on the world around you to the people around you. Ice breakers/openers are a security blanket: Your body language and energy are FAR more important than what you say. Be relaxed, DGAF, Amused Mastery frame help bigtime.

When you can't help but overhear a conversation, chime in with a comment. I'm often invited into conversations if I do this casually over the shoulder while keeping my body language relaxed and pointed towards the bartender.

Roosh's Day Bang! is top notch. His section on Old People Game is one of the most useful tools I've ever learned. Example: "Hey, is that the new iPhone Z? I'm in the market for a new phone" (knowing full well the iPhone Z doesn't exist) Let them educate you about it's features. Eventually they'll drop some info that you can use to turn the conversation. Example: "How is the camera? I take a lot of pictures and want a phone with a good camera" turns into them showing you vacation photos from Belize, turns into you asking about their trip to Belize and bonding over swapping crazy travel stories.

2) Save it for your diary

Nobody wants to listen to a lecture about your middle class upbringing, droning on and on, like your boring Uncle Mark forcing everyone to watch slides of his trip to Kansas. Kansas sucks.

People want to be the experts. People LIKE divulging information. Allow them. It gives them validation, makes them feel interesting and important. When someone divulges a small detail about their life, you have the option to ask about that detail. Like in the above example from Roosh. From phone to Belize in under a minute.

Watch Joe Rogan's podcast on youtube, he's a master at being relatable, entertaining, controversial, challenging his guests, and still having them do most of the talking. The less you divulge about yourself the better.

3) You're Boring

The job interview date questions are gross. Where do you work? Where are you from? She'll be hoping a "long lost friend" walks in the door to save her from you.

Be Daring Play the provacateur. Come up with a few apolitical theories that are divisive. Example: Most of the Harry Potter is filler and amusing side stories. You could skip most chapters and not lose much. Harry Potter fans HATE this and more importantly, they LOVE telling you at length how bad it is; especially if you're absolutely overconfident in the face of how dead-nuts wrong you are. Amused Mastery frame here.

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene covers a lot of these roles you can play. The rake. The coquette. etc etc. His book contains too much information to internalize right away, so pick one that suits you and focus on that for awhile before exploring other chapters.

Banter Create ridiculous make believe scenarios "I wish I had a Maserati, why don't we steal one? You'll have to be the getaway driver though, I don't know how to drive a manual." Continue the conversation with the age-old Improv response of "yes, and..." until you spin off into another conversation topic. Refer to her as your getaway driver the rest of the night. Eventually morph that into your Driver. Then your Limo Driver. Then your Butler. Then have her call you Sir. "nuh-uh, it's Sir [name]"

The Art of Charm podcast covers this: episode 6, 8 and 409 are on banter. Not perfect material but the best I've found. You probably already did this with your bros in high school anyways, just learn to apply it to strangers.

Conclusion

You don't talk to people b/c you live in your head/smartphone and miss hundreds of opportunities to connect with people. Don't sleepwalk through life, be alive. You're fucking hilarious with your mates, don't be afraid to yourself. Say that stupid shit you were just joking about with your buddies.

source material: Roosh V's Day Bang! is sidebar for a reason. Why are you on TRP if you haven't read it yet?

the first dozen episodes of The Art of Charm podcast covers the basics, but ignore AJ's bluepill relationship advice. Episode 409 on Banter also

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene is a textbook. Read it, then cherrypick a section you want to practice

The Joe Rogan Experience

TL;DR: don't be a self-conscious loser. Chat people up by commenting on random shit that comes into your brain. Forcing yourself to be a verbal person all the time will help you be mentally prepped for when it counts: that chance encounter with a lingerie saleswoman at the bus station or whatever. You're hilarious with your mates, the only reason you're not that way with everyone is fear.

​

This is my first TRP post, give me your feedback.