I've got a lot of request to write a guide about how to dress and to talk about my style etc. and today I found the time to write it down. This guide is for the new red pillers but also for older ones who wan't to try the smart casual look. Also, I'll make this guide as the reader does not have a lot of money, if you do have money, multiply the number of things.

​

Basically the scope of this guide is to make you look successful (even if you are only on the way to being successful) and different, so you can stand out from the crowd.

​

We'll begin with the body shape. If you are really overweight you should first loose weight. It's might be tough to say it but new clothes won't make a big improvement and since you want to lose weight, there is no point in buying expensive/new clothes that you won't be good for you in a couple of months/ a year.

​

My favorite style it's smart casual (I'll explain what this is if you don't know). I always dress smart casual or business (and formal when the environment requires that) and this is the style I'll talk about.

​

So let's talk about the smart casual look. The main idea behind this look is that you must look one level above your usual casual outfit, and I'll teach you how.

​

Why would you do this?

1. Because you will be above the 80% of guys who just wear a t-shirt, some jeans and their new balance shoes (yes, get rid of your new balance shoes). But that does not mean it's not ok to wear a t-shirt and some jeans. Actually if you have a good body shape and you are full of muscles, a t-shirt and some jeans that fit you are everything you need, combine that with some cool boots and a leather jacket and you are good to go.
  2. Because you will look professional, cool, and richer than you actually are (you should aim to become rich, but the right look could give the people the impression you have a lot more money than you have).
  3. You will feel more confident when you are dressed well, and after you'll get your validation (everybody need validation at the beginning of their journey) you will interact with girls without much trouble (it won't fix your interaction problems, but it will be a great boost).

So now let's start with some quick tips:

1. Wear a watch. An empty wrist is a no go.
  2. Match your leather. If you wear leather shoes, match it with your belt and the belt of your watch.
  3. Wear jeans/pants that fit you, not too tight, not too large. Find the pair that fit you.
  4. Wear shirts that fit you.
  5. Make sure your shirt's color is a good match with your jeans/pants (I'll talk about it later).
  6. Throw away your new balance shoes (I'm serious).
  7. Don't wear lame jackets. Wear a blazer, a vest, stuff like that.
  8. If it's hot outside go for a linen shirt.
  9. If you don't wear a blazer, keep your sleeves rolled up (trust me).
  10. Don't wear short sleeved shirts if you are not near a pool (don't ask why).

​

Now let's go into details.

​

Your watch:

If it's your first watch and you don't want to buy more than one watch, go for a black diver watch with a metal band. It's good for all your outfits.

My recommendations for a diver watch according to your budget:

1. Less than 100$: Invicta 8926 Automatic (or Wenger Sea Force if you find it on sale).
  2. 100-200$: Orient Mako 2 Automatic
  3. 300-400$: Look for an Atlantic quartz diver watch, and you can't go wrong. You can also look into an Seiko automatic if you are passionate about watches, but if you are, probably this guide is not for you.
  4. \~1000$: Longines Hydroconquest
  5. Money not a problem: Rolex Submariner

Now for those who are willing to buy more watches, you will need:

1. One diver watch. (see above)
  2. One dress watch. (Something to look like Rolex Datejust/Longines Conquest/Seiko 5, if you are wondering).
  3. One exercise watch as I like to call them. Military watches that you can wear while in gym or while doing labor work.

Get both with a metal band. Those who are willing to get their watch game even more right could also get watches with leather belts that they will match with their outfits, as stated above.

​

Your footwear:

First thing you should buy is a pair of casual leather shoes, meaning the shoes should be black, and their base (If that's the word, English is my third language so sorry about that) should be a different color, a light brown for example.

Also you should get a pair of black Chelsea boots, they are great for rainy/cold weather and look good with everything.

After you get these two items you can go for the same things, but in brown color.

Basically you'll have your black leather combination and brown leather combination, and in each combination you'll need: a belt, a pair of shoes, a pair of boots, a watch with a leather belt that matches the color of the other items.

​

Shirts:

You are going to leave your house 7 days a week, so you will need at least 9 shirts (so you can interchange them) + 1 "good" shirt for special events that you'll wear with your suit (you'll need at least one suit, will go into that later). You are a beginner, go for safe colors, like black, white, light blue etc. and you should be fine. After you feel more confident you can go for some shirts that make you stand out. For example I wear from time to time shirts like this. You'll probably say: "That looks like a shirt that a douche will wear", but trust me, in combination with the right eyewear, blazer and pants, it's a killer look that will make you stand out. Basically it says: "fuck you, I'm different, I'm here, I feel good".

Also, one extra thing, if you have the money, buy one US POLO shirt, that you introduce into your daily shirts interchange. Why? Because it's easy to be recognized and people know it's an above average shirt, so you wearing it casually in a day at work or wherever you go will leave the impression that it's just what you wear (again, this is for guys who don't have a lot of money, if you have money that's not a problem).

​

Sweaters:

Have 3-4 sweaters that you'll wear above your shirts on cold days. (If you can buy one US POLO sweater, that would be great, see above why). This dude got it right.

​

BTW, I should state why I keep mentioning US POLO: It's because it is well known by everyone, and everyone knows it's a little more expensive than you usual Mall brands. It's like with Rolex, a Rolex is cheaper than an Audemars Piguet or a Patek, but not all people knows those brands, while everybody knows Rolex.

​

Jeans:

Have at least one pair of dark blue jeans. After that you should buy one black pair of jeans, and after that you can start buying whatever you like. The jeans should fit you. Don't go for skinny jeans. I personally wear straight fit jeans, and sometimes slim fit if I like how they look, but never go for those women like extra tight jeans, never. After you have two pairs of jeans you can try buying chinos in different colors for your outfits.

​

Blazers:

The first blazer you should buy should be dark blue, something like this (btw, see how that guy is dressing? that's how you want to dress). After that buy a gray one, then a beige one. Black blazers don't really go well with smart casual outfits from what I've noticed.

​

Suits:

Have at least on suit. If you can afford only one suit, it should be black. If you have only one suit, don't over wear it. You will need it for interviews, funerals and other stuff like that. If you buy a suit, tailor it, spend a couple more bucks and it will show the difference. How it should look like after being tailored? This guy got it right. Watch the video, he'll explain the basic stuff.

​

Vests:

Here I'll talk about two types of vests. Those like this and those like this. The suit vests are optional, I like the style, I like how they make you stand out, but if you don't like them then it's ok. But you should buy the second type of vest, black or dark blue, where it when it's a little cold outside. It gives you a nice look, again, it's part of the "rich" look. Wear it with over a shirt and you are good to go.

​

I think I'll end the part 1 here since it's getting to long. If you want a part 2 let me know.