First of all, this is a detailed account of MY experience. Maybe others had it different. But, I believe there are universal principles in my perspective that are worth sharing.

Background: Single mother with very strong personality, beta weak father. My parents split when I was 6. Older sister. Shared custody, but I spent most of my time in my mother's house, which is a matriarchal family. My mother and her three sisters didn't have a good relationship with their father. In other words, I was raised in a situation completely dominated by females. You can see where this is going. Mom and dad worked together since I was born, both lawyers who owned the office. After splitting, they made the huge mistake of continuing working together. Then my stupid father made the bigger mistake of marrying a bipolar whore who had never worked, was 30 and lived with her parents, had never gone to college, was a total loser dumb slut that took advantage of his blue pill nature. The classic post-wall girl that was looking for her Beta Bucks. They met and married within 6 months lol. She obviously got pregnant real quick and my younger sister was born. The crazy bitch ruined even more my father's relationship with both me and my older sister. She hated us and we felt the same, and alienated us from our younger sister which we both loved.

That leads to my teenager years. I was always good looking and tall, but a total disgrace with girls. First real kiss with 9, but because the girl was in love with me. Only kissed again with 14, three girls total until lost my virginity. Virgin until 18. Very, very shy, couldn't defend myself from high school "chads", never popular. My father never taught me to be a man and stand up for myself. Nerdy guy that loved videogames. Very intelligent, but a severe lack of discipline that plagues me to this day, so I was a mediocre student. Total loser was my future, no doubt. Started looking for PUA content because I was frustrated with how my family was always commenting how a guy as good looking as I never showed up with any girls. Some thought I was gay. Then I found this sub. That was about middle 2016. Mind blowing stuff, life changing content. But I never really started doing what I should with what I learned here or at least did not do it enough to make a difference. For example, I got fatter and fatter as 2016 and 2017 progressed. Only started regular lifting in october 2017, but did not eat a healthy diet, so still got heavier. July of this year I weighed 213 pounds (I’m 6’0 feet tall). Felt ugly and had many health problems. 2 years after finding TRP, I basically had not made any major strides. So I started a deep reflection on everything. My lack of discipline was imprisioning me. As Jocko Willink says, discipline is freedom. And I finally started improving. I’ve lost 26 pounds since July, I reached the 1 year mark of lifting, I went to a doctor to “fix” my hormones (like testosterone) and other health problems. I’ve been studying more and better, cause I abandoned college two years ago, I hated my course and was failing in it, and now I’m graduating in Economics, which is what I truly wanted. After this, I can now say that I’m improving and reflect on the past 2 years. Here’s what I learned.

Lesson 1

You will start to idealize your goals

The most obvious thing about TRP, in a general way, is that you’re learning something new, acquiring new knowledge. And TRP is a special kind of information, the one that can change your life and give you power and control. Add the element that the majority of people have no clue about TRP principles and theories, the average TRP guy is in possession of a scarce good that has incredible value. In other words, he has power at his hands that most do not have. You know a top confidential secret that most do not.

However, one of the most emphasized things here is the difference between having the knowledge and taking action. Imbued with this new knowledge, you will construct objectives, goals you want to achieve. And here is where lies the trap: the knowledge itself is not enough, action is necessary. But, since you’re know in a position of power, you’ll idealize this goals, rationalizing like this: “When I’m jacked and tanned, the girls will drool over me! And I will not be used and manipulated by them, cause I know their true nature through TRP! So, it’s all gonna be good when I get there!”. Since you now have the knowledge, you are absolutely CERTAIN that you’re gonna succeed. How could you not, you have the secret TRP superpower! The TRP information becomes your comfort zone, and you’re back in the mediocrity loop without making real progress.

Lesson 2

The Red Pill is a dopamine spike in itself

The TRP/Manosphere member will have orgasms reading the field reports, the Side Bar, the tweets from guys like Illimitable Man and Rollo Tomassi, and so on. He will spend hours on the subreddit, congratulating himself for reading the posts. I myself did that A LOT. And he will feel GREAT about it, just like the fat man does when he eats a whole pizza, or the Netflix addict when he watches the new episode of some dumb show. TRP is now your dopamine spike of the day.

Meanwhile, the necessary action for progress and results is left aside. The lifting of the day is ignored because you already read TRP posts, your “progress of the day” is done.

This is the instant gratification prison all over again, and the only way to achieve greatness is to escape it, through meaningful ACTION.

Lesson 3

The search for pleasure can be a prison

TRP is often associated with getting girls, and that’s fine. And the pill will help you a lot with that. However, this “endless pursuit of girls/pleasure” is toxic. What I mean by this is that you can even start taking action, but you will do it to get chicks, not for yourself. Let me tell you right now: GIRLS ALONE CAN NOT BRING A MAN HAPPINESS OR GREATNESS. It’s impossible. That’s why people here talk so much about a man’s mission, rightfully so. You should lift for your own sake, read books for your benefit as a human being, meditate for your own mental health, and so on. Happiness and greatness come from WITHIN, through the means of, you guessed it, ACTION.

Escape the prison of immediate pleasure, where the prisoners believe that pleasure justifies itself, and only then true happiness can be achieved. This is widely taught in both christianism and buddhism, and there is a reason. And, believe me, if you do this, the girls will come.

Lesson 4

Realize that it takes time

Kinda of a cliché, but it’s true nonetheless. The results you want are products of long term plans. You’ll not get jacked in just one year of lifting, sorry. Greatness and happiness are long term projects. Face the struggle everyday, be it lifting, gaming, reading, meditating, studying, or whatever. Everyday, a step forward. Everyday, another lifting session. Everyday, ten minutes of meditation. Everyday, thirty pages of the book you’re reading. Everyday, studying to get better at your job and hobbies. After a while, the results will appear, and you’ll realize that it was all worth it.

Only by ACTION can your goals be achieved. The Red Pill will show you the way, but won’t walk it for you. After I started really taking action, I reached a level of happiness I never knew before. TRP showed me the path to greatness, and I’m finally walking it, after being adrift for most of my life. I hope you can walk the same path.