http://np.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/1lowfz/im_getting_really_tired_of_the_bullshit_that_goes/

I'll be honest. I giggled through her whole rant.

I can't complain too too much. I know I'm lucky. I have a kick ass career. I have two amazing kids. I was lucky enough to be born at a time and in a place where being a woman doesn't have to limit me. And I have taken that and run with it. Apparently I ran so far that my now ex-husband told me that part of the reason he knocked up the nanny was because he knew he would never be good enough for me (can we all collectively shake our heads at the "wtf?" of that logic?).

But you know what has limited me? Being a single mom. Because oh god, men do not want to have to deal with other men's offspring. So here I am: professional, got my shit together, relatively good looking (in spite of my age), and a failure at relationships.

Sure, men want to sleep with me. They sure as hell want to help enjoy my salary. But anytime it gets close to getting serious the kids are an excuse. I get the "I love you, but the kids are just too much for me." Or "I was a child of a divorce and can't be involved." Or "it's really not yooouuuuu..." Or "I really want to have children. Children of my own." WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GET INVOLVED WITH A SINGLE MOM THEN? It's not like these children were hiding. It's not like you didn't know. No, they are definitely not that quiet.

Just a PSA - if you don't want to date someone with kids, just don't. No one will be upset if that comes out upfront.

*I just might be in the middle of a breakup and going through the angry stage right now.