Intro

For a while now I have noticed a big issue with younger people. Being in my early 30s its odd because I'm not that far off from these people on the age scale. I was just in my 20s figuring out my life not to long ago. The digital age is destroying peoples critical thinking and problem solving skills. Youtube, Reddit, Google and other places give people a way to ask questions and get answers. There is a tremendous amount of value in this but unfortunely people have abused this and now look for the "How To" guide on how to pull your dick out and stick it in a vagina. How to study. How to read. How to figure out XYZ problem. Even worse people feel entitled to an answer and if they cannot find one to a nuanced problem it’s the end of the world. Fuck it this is to hard. I got news for you assholes with the attention span of a micropenis you need to start focusing and figure out things on your own. If you don’t your just a drone following other peoples instructions.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT TO SINGLE OUT ASKTRP. IT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IM TRYING TO GET AT HERE. THIS IS SOMETHING I SEE FREQUENTLY IN THE REAL WORLD NOT JUST REDDIT.

(Just examples from asktrp

asktrp/comments/aj0mrt/should_i_meet_up_with_fatties/

asktrp/comments/aiwo30/whats_my_reply/

asktrp/comments/aivfoj/silly_question_for_a_silly_topic/

asktrp/comments/aj1jrt/how_to_end_things_with_a_fwb/

asktrp/comments/aei27q/how_to_respond_to_this/

)

Information and you

To learn anything in life there has to be a starting point. A teacher teaches you math and gives you homework to do. You do the homework and instead of trying to solve the problem you look in the back for the answers or use (google calculator) now at days. Homework done. Good job you just robbed yourself on how to learn to figure out the math problem. Now the next time you get a math problem on a test and you have no answer sheet your fucked. The person who really wants to learn will use the answer as a reference and then sit there and figure out how to get the right answer. This could take, minutes, hours and even days before you the part of your brain clicks and you understand the concept.

Information is there for you to learn how to do things(and about things) but its also there for you to learn how to apply it. This is a daunting task for most people but until you sit there and figure it out whether it be math, game, lifting, or whatever you will never unlock that part of your brain needed to figure things out. You cannot be a real leader if you cannot problem solve. If you cannot problem solve you will not be able to critically think or think outside the box.

Man up to the challenge

Every time you encounter something difficult or something unknown to you there will be that part of your brain that tells you fuck it I'm not doing this. You need to tell that part of your brain to go fuck it self. Imagine the first time you hit the gym. You read Starting Strength now your going to apply it. You go to the gym and see all these other assholes lifting heavy weights and your just starting with the bar. You are awkwardly trying to get your form right. Awkwardly asking people to record you. Looking for answers on how to get your form right and adjusted the more you put weight on the bar. The only way your going to get good is by keep showing up and keep critiquing your self and figure out where you went wrong, why maybe your back rounded on that deadlift and then how to fix it. The point being is you need to focus, you need to discipline yourself to show up to the gym, pick up that book and read, take the time necessary to figure out that math problem and don’t stop until you have solved the problem. There will come a point in any problem where there is no straight forward answer. Your in to deep and the only way out of it is to quit or to figure it out on your own. The day you figure out your first complex problem in life is the day you made your first major step in the being an intelligent person and a step ahead of the rest. Its delayed gratification at its best but the reward and feeling of is like no other.

Invest in yourself

I have come across many people who wont use their money for career training, for a lifting coach, learn game you name it there is someone out there who knows it and knows it well and has training for whatever it is. You may not make a whole lot of money yet but instead of buying that pizza and beer and paying for that Netflix subscription maybe you go buy that training and invest your time in it. I like to think if I'm buying something that’s going to help me learn something or enhance what I already know its an investment in my self and my education. Do your research and find a reputable source with good reviews and put your money where your mouth is. It may hurt your pockets in the short term but in the long term it might make that wallet a whole lot thicker.

You don’t know everything

I have encountered way to many people who read an online post or googled something and read one article and act like t heir a fucking genius. No sorry your not. You may know a little bit but don’t be an asshole and think you know it all now. This is self defeating and only makes you ignorant in the long run. Be open to learning more because in this life you will always be learning. If you shut your mind off to that your fucked and will be like every other Tom, Dick and Beta Billy out there.

Go out and fucking try it

What does an engineer do after he has learned shit tons of theory? He tests it to prove the theory.

What do you do when you learn how to pass shit tests? You go out and try to pass shits tests

You read starting strength now what? Go to a fucking gym and start lifting

Start testing things out from the information you have spent time learning and understanding. Chances are you will fuck things up the first couple times even though in theory this should have worked. Find where you went wrong and try again. The first time I really started learning game here it sounded easy. Open, Push/Pull, Escalate, Close. That’s all you need to do. In practice though its not that easy. Sure there will be an occasional slut that you hookup with and fuck in the first 30milliseconds of looking at her the right way but there are other times where a set can take a long time. Its hard to stay in a long set because you may run out of things to stay or don’t know when to escalate but the more you do it the more you figure it out if you can see where you go wrong. That’s the point of testing it. You keep doing it till you get it right. Stop looking for the answer online or for someone to tell you what you did wrong. As stated earlier there will be a point where there is no straight answer you just need to figure it out as you go.

Closing

Stop being like the rest of the drones out there and start coming into your own. Start figuring out problems for yourself. Stop looking for people to give you the answer. Start going out there and trying things for yourself no matter how hard it is just do it.