Summary: Less than a year into TRP, and now I'm snipped.

I'd been thinking about doing it for a few years, but the red pill really opened up my eyes.

I'm 35, divorced (no kids), high income, and decent looks. I've also got a hot start up, which is really what accelerated the timeline. Coming from the deep blue programming, I started to feel like a walking target with my new awareness. An unexpected child is basically the only way my life could take a dramatic negative turn. At my age, my tolerance for condoms is down and my peer group of girls is really looking to lock down beta bucks.

I did two deposits which was enough at California Cryobank. In total that was 16 tries. To keep it in storage as about $3K.

The surgery was about $500. I'm a few days out, and everything is going along smoothly. I'll hook up with my primary plate over the weekend (still using condoms until I have the go ahead from the doc after 12 ejaculations).

A lot of advice here says don't tell partners about the situation. My primary plate knows, but I'll keep future plates in the dark.

If I decide to have a kid later, the cost of making a baby will be pretty small vs the cost of raising the child. It's reversable (though this is not my intention). And semen can be extracted if needed.

The downsides of vasectomies of course in very rare circumstances where something goes wrong. Thankfully I've avoided this.

Just some data for folks considering the same option. Onwards gents.