I just realized something, and I need your help.

I'm a freshman college student. In my room, smoking pot, watching YouTube videos Friday and Saturday nights eating Sheetz until past 2am. I'm doing all the things I enjoy because I'm an introvert, this is simply how I have preferred to spend my free time.

I've read TRP, and the most influence it's had over me is convince me to join my school's Boxing club and lift 3-4 times a week. I wouldn't say I'm unattractive, but I know that to get anywhere sexually around college, I could most certainly bear to lose 20 more lbs.

So here I am, browsing Snapchat. I vicariously live through them but secretly yearn to be in their place. I see these two girls, smoking 8 and 9, grinding at the newest club on the main street, and it dawns on me that I'm doing everything wrong.

I've gotten so many people's snapchats, which is virtually the only way to communicate in my university, and yet I know none of them, and they do not know me. I've grown strong from my physical labor to improve my confidence, and have achieved much academically, but socially speaking I am just another pot-smoking dorm rat, and I realize now that I am not satisfied.

You can tell me to get off my ass and cold-approach men and women, forge my own kingdom, and go clubbing solo and sober showing I don't need friends or alcohol to have a good time, but I've tried, and it's just awful; how going to a club by yourself makes you the anomaly, and that without a group, you are alone in the club.

Seriously, though, whose idea was that, anyway?

​

My point is that I know I have not done enough to get what I want out of the college life. I am wasting all this time stuck in Monk Mode, lifting, smoking, gaming, jerking off, study, sleep, repeat. This is a monotonous life, and I want more, but to get started I need friends, which seem ever so rare these days.

I have rushed multiple fraternities, and the one I decided to pledge for put me on Hold this semester. I know the Fraternity life might be my only shot at climbing up the social ladder at this point, but Rush Week has ended and I'll have to see on that. This semester, I will continue to work hard on my body and mind-

But how do I build my social network from the ground up?