I don't have a Facebook. It's great. But today I needed to look up somebody to gather some intel, so I borrowed a friend's Facebook to look them up. Well, curiosity got the best of me and I also looked up my ex-girlfriend. You know, the one that screwed me over, broke my heart, and sent me spiraling down to a fiery crash landing on that rugged, debris strewn, pothole encrusted road to enlightenment that eventually led me here?

​

And wow. Just wow. I've dodged a bullet. I can't believe I was actually saving up money to buy this bitch a ring. We have diverged so massively in our lives. She has pretty much become a hypocritical communist, whereas I've become a Hoppean ancap. Looking back, that's probably the main reason we broke up, or rather, she dumped me. The details aren't important, I want to keep this short. You know the routine: AWALT. But holy shit, what a fool I've been.

​

Looking over her posts, did I feel jealousy? Did I feel anger? Did I feel frustration? Did I feel sadness? No. My only thought was, "Good Lord! How exhausting it must be to date someone like this. Holy shit! No wonder she ruined my life. I can't imagine, in a million years, ever getting involved with someone like this. What was I doing!?"

​

She exhausted me. She depleted me of all my resources. She sucked me dry like some sort of gigantic mutant malarial mosquito, the likes of which can only be found in the deepest, darkest hearts of the jungle. And when I was nothing more than a tattered empty husk of my former self, she ejected me from her succubitic clutches to fall to the Platonic cave floor to be devoured by the carnivorous beetles of modernity. What a relief. I am thankful. I actually feel good. My life is a million times better than it ever could have been with her.

​

A message for those on that long rugged road to enlightenment and personal victory: stick to your guns, trust your gut instinct, it's always darkest before the light, keep your eye on the prize. You're going to be ok. It's hard to understand, especially if you are younger, but it just takes time. If you work really hard to improve yourself and become someone of value and worth, you will not give one good god damn shit about something so frivolous as some bitch. You're gonna be alright.

​

Peace out.