As a society, we're seeing less and less cold approaches. The saying here is that once you approach a girl you're already top 10%, I'd put that number the fuck down after what I've experienced with a bud of mine.

Context

A good friend of mine who's been struggling with women came to me for advice, as he's seen at least a bit of success in my endeavors. Desperate and confused as to why he has no girls in his life, I decided to ask him a simple question. How many women have you approached who aren't part of your friend group this week? Needless to say, the number was zero.

Body

My friend is a very average guy in all aspects, height, face, body. After telling him the basics of how to pick up girls off of cold approach without telling him too much on red pill theory (enough for him to get a girl's number), it took a while, but I managed to get him motivated enough for his first approach on a bus. And he bombed the approach, the girl looked at him in the eye and said "no". Miraculously, without me even telling him, his desperation propelled him to heights I could not imagine. Because he instinctively took this as a passive shit test and said: "What's wrong, I'm just trying to make conversation". After a very stale and seemingly unemotional conversation, he came right back towards me and sat down. I could see the gloom in his facial expression. Just when I was about to give him some feedback, the girl walks towards us and says "Most guys don't approach girls like that", and proceeds to give him her number. If you ask me what once seemed like the top 10% of men seems to be a lot less if simply approaching a girl is good enough to secure a number.

Conclusion

Men, due to the alienation of random approaches we as humans, a race that thrives off of being social, are becoming less social. If simply approaching a woman during the day and staying around her long enough is enough for her to feel a surge of emotion and unaccustomed attraction, how far have we fallen? People are labeled as weird for sparking up random conversations with strangers. And for those who do, you can't help but feel the rigidity in what should otherwise be a fluid interaction between two humans. I may be young but I know it wasn't always like this, people used to talk to each other on public transport and in general. As opposed to staying glued on their phone and swiping away at tinder. This may be because back then talking is preferable to staring at each other, but even so, we were more social back then. How ironic that the use of "social media" has made us less social. Think about this next time you are in a bus/tram/train, put your phone down and realize the eeriness of the silence between strangers. Because it sure as hell creeped me out enough into approaching.