I'm a long-time reader of the red pill. My gf of over 4 years just spoke with me about an hour ago about breaking up. We were just chilling after watching a movie and I'm holding her and I hear her heart in her chest pounding well over 100 beats per minute. I ask if everything's okay and she says no and brings up the talk otherwise out of nowhere. We've only had amazing times together. I've always maintained a strong frame over the years which has made us both very happy. I'm in good shape and just landed a six figure job at the age of 24. Of course, none of that truly guarantees anything. Thanks to the red pill, I always knew this day could come and it has. So I just wanted to give a big thank you to this sub for making me a stronger and better man.

Anyway, the reason she cited was that she was scared she would regret missing out on what's out there since we met so young at the age of 20. That maybe this relationship wasn't the "one" we were destined for. I know she's been loyal over these four years too. She mentioned that deep down she wanted to explore what else is out there and to grow as a person from that.

What triggered this conversation and her anxiety was that I had just landed the job and was ready to introduce her to family for things to get serious. I'd rather not get into that though.

Regardless, despite my reading of the red pill, this experience has scared me a little bit. It's different when you're the one experiencing it. It scared me because it proves that no matter what I do and no matter how happy we are, she can just come up with something as simple as that and call it quits.

Edit: Thank you guys for the support. Lots of great advice as well just like I was expecting. You've made this day a lot better for what it is. I've uninstalled messenger, the app we used for communication, for the foreseeable future.

Edit 2: Curiosity got the better of me. I reinstalled messenger and saw she was active 7 hours ago. It's 11 am here. So she was up at 4 am. There's one of two possibilities: 1. She was up crying about me. 2. She was getting fucked by a guy or several that she already had lined up. I think we all know which one is more likely.

I am taking your advice and blocking her on Facebook and social media.

TLDR: If you're holding your girl and hear her heart pounding, she's probably about to break up with you