I feel like writing this FR because Its been ages since the last time I asked a girl out due to the fact I have a really solid platelationship atm. I had forgotten that asking out chicks is really easy in the end, and I think I can carry some of this knowledge into irl cold approaches now.

(TLDR at the bottom if you want to spoil it.)

Hb7 works in the shop next to my own place of employment, I know that she works 4 days a week based on when her car is in the car park but Ive only seen this girl a handful of times. Never had a chance to talk to her in 6 months since ive been here but i know she's reasonably hot, and takes her lunch break at the same time as me.

This morning when I was in the car park she happened to walk out from her car and I said hey as we made eye contact, she said hows it going and I said pretty good. Then she went inside. Zzzzz...

I went into my shop, turned on the radio, and instantly got reminded that today is Valentines day. Shit! I missed a perfect chance to ask her to get lunch with me, and now I probably wont see her again today. Damn.. For a couple of hours I was debating in my mind whether I should just walk over and ask her, because hey its Valentines day what a great excuse, but I knew I would pussy out and not do it, because it might seem weird.

But then a miracle happened. My boss told me that the girl next door needed to borrow one of our pallets, and that I should pick out a shitty one we dont need and give it to her. Here's my chance!

I moved a pallet out back and walked over to their rear entrance. Called out "Hello?" And she appeared. As she walked over I upgraded her to an hb8 because her face and eyes were nicer than I thought. I said hey and introduced myself and showed her where she could get the pallet from.

That's when I had to do it. I havent gone out and practiced heaps of approaches like some guys so I still had a few butterflies. The conversation went like this:

"The radio reminded me that its V day today, and it's nearly 1 oclock, do you wanna get lunch?"

"Ohh nah I brought mine to work"

"So did I, we could still go somewhere for fresh air"

"Im kind of already on my lunch break"

"Alright no worries, have a good day"

"Yeah"

There was no point insisting because I didnt wanna be desperate. Its a little disappointing that her automatic reaction was to say no, and not even enquire a little bit. It seems like a bad habit and I feel like she could work harder on that.

I went back into my shop feeling pretty pumped that at least I took my shot. Then I heard some woman let out a big cackle of laughter through the wall. I know exactly what that was about.. what a bitch! :P Im sure anyway that the girl will be wondering all day about what could have happened if she said yes, so it's her loss really.

Now im glad I dont have to wonder any more and I look forward to being cheeky in the future if we cross paths again I can just be like "Oi! Lunch?" While winking and pointing finger guns at her. She knows what I want and idgaf any more because the rejection has already happened.

TLDR: Got rejected, wasn't so bad. More enthusiasm gained towards asking girls out in the future.