So I’ve been on/off seeing a girl for a couple of months now. Just causally dating. Nothing serious. She’s cute, but she got super intense very quick. Lots of texting and wanting me to come round etc. I don’t mind it, but I’m not 100% sold on her so I’m not completely emotionally invested. Nevertheless we both tell each other that we’re not seeing anyone else.

Last weekend I say about going round to hers and she agreed. I end up not hearing from her so I assume she’s still at her parents. I wasn’t particularly bothered, but i did find it a little odd. Then last Thursday I notice she is very quiet, so I shoot her a text to ask her if everything is ok. She responds that I’m not paying her enough attention and not making an effort. I actually start to question myself and started feeling bad that I probably wasn’t paying her enough attention. To cut a long story short she effectively wanted to end things. Fine by me. I didn’t give a fuck and carried on with my life.

Cut forward to tonight and I get a text from a mutual friend to say she has been seeing multiple guys. Clearly while we were still seeing each other. I bring it up with her. She doesn’t deny it. Argument ensues.

What bothers me is that she deliberately made me feel bad so she could justify fucking other dudes. If my friend hadn’t of said anything I would’ve been thinking for the rest of my life this falling apart was all my fault for ‘not making enough effort’.

She shifted all the blame onto me so she could create a reality for herself whereby I was all at fault and she could do whatever she wanted guilt free.