Hey guys, been following red pill for about a year, first time poster. Feeling after a real night of talking with a really solid good friend about a specific scenario I've personally been having a problem with.

Communication with your ex girlfriend.

A horse, been breaten beyond death, I'm sure.

Here I am, moving along with my life, going to the gym, lifting 4 days a week, eating good, taking supplements, talking with other girls, working on me, following what I feel I should be doing, no fap, cold showers, doing what the good ol sidebar says to do.

Trying to live my life without the ex. Still having our old pictures on the FB. Still talking to her "as friends", periodically fucking her... No solid commit. Different cities. Different vacation etc.

Delete all that shit. End it all. Cut it all off. You cannot turn that shit into a plate. Just eliminate. That is the only Way you can move on...

I've been in denial. I thought I could live having her as a friend, but all I was doing was feeding her comfort of always having me as a crutch.

NEVER BE HER CRUTCH

By continuing to talk with her, and being her crutch you are just that suck she has in between guys she's fucking. Don't be that guy. I was that guy trying to justify to my friend that "I have full control of my emotional decisions" just last night before I clued in.

I was that suck.

Fuck me. Im not a sad, depressed, unlaid dude. I do all right for myself, I'm mostly happy, I'm all right with girls, I'm social and pretty well liked, not bad looking.

I was holding back. Deep down inside I wasn't moving on. I had to completely let the past go. That sparkle of hope was always there to get back together with my ex. I admit that now. I'm sure we've all felt it... But you have to eliminate that feeling., those memories, that life you useto have together. Keep the lessons you've learned, but utterly destroy the future communication if you can.

Like a phoenix... Burn the old and start anew. It is the only way.

Edit: Thanks for all the reply's guys. I really appreciate your honest opinions on the whole situation. I'm working on my "Do's" and "Don't" of TRP mentality. We all have our strengths and weakness when it comes to it. Progress is truly a slow process and becoming the best version of myself does infact take time, effort, discomfort and fuck ton of will power. Getting out of those shitty BP mindsets can be a bitch. I hope this post and its comments brings things to light for some of you guys.

Edit #2: To clear up any confusion of the innitial situation... I inniciated the breakup. She wanted to continue an LTR after she graduated university. Basically she did not want to commit to moving to the city I have my career and a house in, and start her career here. She wanted the big city life (also where her fam lived) she even suggested an "Open relationship". I was done, the lack of commitment floored me. I dropped her with no bad feelings toward each other.

Summery: Dated girl for 5 years, broke up with her because of lack of her commitment to the relationship, tried to plate her but still had feelings for her, continued contact, found it hard to move on, decided to burn the bridge and ghost, havnt talked to her since, moving on.