This applies in almost every situation when you are dealing with people and it is a life lesson I have learned the hard way. Run an experiment yourself to see the reaction some of your life goals incite in other people. It doesn't even have to be in real life, it can simply be on the AskTRP sub. Only when you have seen it in action do you start to notice how true all of it is.

Go and tell people that your goal is to be rich before you turn 30.

For people who leave you to be and wish you all the best, chances are they are rich themselves or they genuinely don't care for being rich. Some people will genuinely offer you advice, these are people who have made it or have good intentions.

For the people who give you more of an indifferent response, they genuinely don't give a shit about being rich and see being real wealthy as overrated.

But the people I am talking about are the ones who will get angry at you, criticize rich people or make you feel petty for your goals. Listen to the people who rant about how the rich are always unhappy, tell you that you are crazy, make you feel guilty for pursuing your goal and try hard to get you off that track. Watch for how lively their reaction gets and pay close attention to how they try to take a morally self-righteous approach ("I am a better person than you for not wanting to be rich").

And it doesn't apply to getting rich either, it applies to anything.

It applies to wanting to fuck hot girls.

It applies to wanting to be popular on social media.

It applies to wanting to have a fun life.

It applies to wanting to live in a world class city.

In real life, you will see it manifested by people who actively try to talk you out of the goal or people who try to make you feel like Satan for wanting to pursue what you want. Online it can manifest itself in people trying to start a smear campaign against you or reporting each and every one of your threads in an attempt to sabotage your message.

What gives?

I always tried to understand the mentality of people who are so hellbent in stopping others from pursuing a certain goal. After truly digging into it and trying to get the workings of their minds, I started to understand that they wish they had that very goal. Then I was left asking myself the main question, why try so hard to stop others from pursuing it?

Then I realized the truth to it at all, these people were too weak to admit to themselves that they wanted that goal and would have lacked the traits to get to it.

The guy who shames you for wanting to get hot girls?

He wants them more than you do but at the same time, due to the mental gymnastics of these people, he tries to put on the act of being Pope and making you feel below him for wanting to pursue that goal. Some common tactics he will use are calling you shallow, telling you that pursuit of hot girls is "empty" and saying that ugly girls can fuck better. All of these are diversions to take you off that track.

Nothing hurts a loser more than seeing someone getting the very thing they wanted their whole lives but lacked the spine or work ethic to get.

And most importantly, if anyone ever takes the morally superior approach to you and your goals, be weary, these people are the epitome of backstabbing snakes that will turn on their closest friend in a heartbeat. These people are the scum of humanity and cold blooded sociopaths who belong in the deepest darkest circle of hell.