This is going to be a super long post so here are the cliffs for this post.

Cliffs:

• Following your passions may not lead to fullfilment
  • 9-5 is soul killer, if you like it’s great for you but I couldn’t think of anything worse
  • without a path I want to be on it’s extremely depressing for me
  • your passion could lead to being just another job

For me 9-5 is a soul killer, if you like it that’s good for you but in my opinion I couldn’t think of anything worse then unpaid commute and stuck under artificial light for 8+ hours. 9-5 jobs in general for me are a no go. Of course we need money to survive so we need some sort of income. Alternative would be online business right? Online business to me is a ticket to freedom but here is the problem, I have had a few online businesses in the past but same result, I didn’t enjoy it at all and it felt like another shitty job. Yer you get the freedom to work from anywhere with a wifi connection but honestly it wasn’t fullfilling at all and you get used to your life pretty quickly. I have spoken to many “Digital nomads” who sat down with me and opened up saying “look man I’m actually not that happy” so another option would be to “follow your passion” for the past 6 months I have been working towards this plan I had, to earn money from this particular passion at the time. So recently the day finally arrived and I couldn’t believe it, I had my one way ticket to Thailand to peruse to what I thought to be my passion and also my ticket to a fullfilled exsistence. After a week I came home currently in the most depressed state I have ever been, it’s a very difficult time for me right now. Pershing your passion may make you happy but yet again I have spoken to people where once they tried to make money from there passion they stopped enjoying it. Guys please I’m not trying to discourage any of you to follow your dreams or live the Digital nomad life. Truth is we all have different goals and aspirations and that’s ok :) I am just sharing a perspective. Pretty much for me I want the digital nomad lifestyle but I want to be living that lifestyle living a fullfilled life doing things I want to do. Problem is I found out first hand passions don’t necessarily lead to fulfilment or actual long term joy. In my current struggle state I honestly have no idea what to do. I have never felt so lost in my entire life, the idea of getting another job scares me because I am currently a loose cannon. Would love some more perspectives and if anyone has had similar situations that would be awesome to hear from you guys.