This isn't a post meant to garner sympathy. Spare me. It's a post to discuss some lessons I have learned over the past month+ since being fired from my job.

No matter how good you are at your job, you're always disposable. Therefore always hold frame at work - its never worth it to stoop down to someone else's level. Corporate HR is not like a court room - you get no say, you're guilty until proven innocent.

Why did I get fired from my job? I truly believe I am the best at what I do in the entire country. My bosses knew it, the corporate executives of my company knew it. I was on the fast track to great things.

However we had a female employee who I will call "Bitch". Bitch had been at the place I worked for many years and had a huge sense of entitlement. We had a department restructure a few months ago which mean new systems and new ways of doing things. Bitch didn't like this because she was used to doing things her way. She would always come into my office and bitch at me because I was the project lead for this restructure at our location, so she viewed me as the one to take out her frustrations on. After enduring this shit for 3 months, I had had enough. Even though I had escalated this to my bosses, and even corporate. I told her to get the hell out of my office and come back when you're ready to talk to me like an adult and not a 16 year old girl throwing a temper tantrum. I also let her know I was tired of her doing this day in and day out.

Unfortunately Bitch escalated this to corporate HR, bypassing our local management. Not only that but Bitch's husband is a very well connected and influential man in the city I live in. If you've seen Roadhouse, he isn't too far from Brad Wesley. This, combined with our corporate HR having "zero tolerance" for "threatening" behavior(of course she embellished it and I had no chance to give my side of the story or defend myself), I was given the boot.

Some of you will say that I did the right thing standing up for myself. Wrong. It was a bad decision in a work environment. It cost me a good paying job and a lot of forward equity I had built there. Want to defend yourself/stand up for yourself outside of work? Fine, if the situation calls for it. Not at work.

I saw my boss, a 6'7 grown man, and his boss, both break into tears when they delivered the news to me. They knew how damn good I was at what I did, how irreplaceable I was, and what an utter bullshit kneejerk decision HR had made.

Saving money is important. Establish a good sized savings account before anything else, especially paying off lower interest debts

I had a lot of student loans. Only debt I have. It was still a lot though(I was a walk on football player at a D1 private school that never was able to earn a scholarship so I had to borrow all 5 years). I made enough money to where I could put a good dent in them every month. It almost became an obssession. I took a 2nd job bartending to pay them down quicker. I had paid down over 1/2 of my student loan balance, or $75,000, in the past 18 months. Not bad.

Since I attacked my student loan debt with a lot of intensity, I didn't save. I had a $2,000 buffer in savings and that was it. So when I lost my job, what good did paying off the loans at the rate I was paying them do me? No good at all in the short term.

I'd be better off right now and under a lot less stress had I instead built a good sized emergency fund, say $10 grand or so. Instead, I'm living on the edge, having to do Uber(which I absolutely despise with every fiber of my being, I have no idea how anyone can do this voluntarily) until I find my next job.

If you have high interest debt like credit cards or a high interest car loan, yeah you might want to get that out of the way. But lower interest loans like student loans, you might want to put those off until you have a safety net to fall back on.

Build a decent savings account before making any major purchases or paying off debts. You'll never know when you will need it.

Networking is quid pro quo. It's useless if you have nothing to give.

This concept has been discussed several times here on TRP. Men are useless unless they add value to the individual or group. Right now since I'm unemployed with little money, I'm useless.

I've built up a solid network over the years, and I've reached out to many trying to help me with the job search. No one has been able to come through. I'm on my own.

No one gives a shit about you unless you have value to provide.

Women are the opposite. If I were a woman in this situation, I'd have all kinds of people bending over backward trying to help me. That's female privilege for you that you never hear about.

But since I'm a guy, tough shit. I'm on my own. No one in my network gives a flying fuck. No matter how much I have done for them in the past or how much I proved myself to them.

I'm not saying networking is useless, what I am saying, is that it won't come through for you when you need it most.

Know your worth. Never take a shit deal in life - whether that be your career, women, or whatever. Never be afraid to walk away.

I had begun interviewing for a job last month. It was a job that I would have done really well in, in my dream city. Since starting my career path, my eventual end game has been to wind up in one of two cities(in my industry you have to start in small markets and work your way up to larger ones) and I finally had the experience to work in one of these two markets. I got an interview for a position in one of my dream cities, and not only that, it paid more than the job I was fired from. I did two skype interviews then was flown out for an in person interview. Everything went well.

So I get called with an offer. The offer was shit. It was BELOW the salary we had discussed in the first phone call. LESS than what I was making in my previous job. I was insulted. I had spent an entire month going through the dreaded corporate interview process. And this is the shit they pull? This isn't some no name fly by night company, its a multi national fortune 500 company.

I had also been in the earlier stages of interviewing for other companies(albiet not in my dream cities), some of which were offering a decent amount of money more. I told them no thanks, you are going to have to do better, and made a counter offer. Then a few days later they call me saying they had instead decided to go with an internal candidate(translation: We found someone willing to take a lot less money than you to do the job).

I could have accepted their shit offer. It was in my dream city, after all. But that would be selling myself short. If I let them take advantage of me then, why would they not continue to do so down the road? Know your worth and never be afraid to walk away. I am worth more than that, and I was perfectly willing to say no to that opportunity and remain unemployed until I get someone who actually is willing to pay me what I know I am worth.

The same can be applied to women. I see so many men sell themselves short with women. Why do so many of you settle for 3s, 4s and 5s; fatties and landbeasts; uglies and trashy women, when, if you put in the effort, you could bag 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, or even 10s? Are you really that desperate for pussy? I'm 30 years old, my SMV has grown exponentially over the past few years since first coming to TRP. I laugh at the types of women I used to go after. I do miles better these days. You're better off walking away than settling for shit.

Applying for jobs is much harder the higher up you have climbed the ladder. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Applying for jobs is a lot like gaming women. It's a numbers game. The hotter the woman is, the more she will shittest(vet) you. And the best time to apply for a job(find a better woman) is when you already have one(preselection). Jobs are the same. The more experienced(better) positions you apply for, the longer the application and interview process is. Because they are going to be paying you a good amount of money, they are going to vet you a lot harder and be a lot more picky. Entry level and lower level jobs, they aren't as picky, since the investment isn't as high, so if they miss on a candidate its not as big of a deal.

But for someone like me, who is experienced and has climbed the ladder, interview requests have been few and far between. I've applied for over 200 jobs in the past month, and gotten a grand total of 4 interviews. I didn't make it past the first round on two of them(despite me being completely qualified), turned down the job I discussed above, and am about to do a 3rd interview on the 4th. It's truly a crapshoot, no matter how good of a candidate you are.

So out of 200, I'm only alive on 1. I'm hoping it works out, because it pays well into the 6 figures, but I can't put all my eggs in that basket. I have to continue to apply for about a dozen jobs every day.

Earlier in my career when I was applying for entry level and less experienced jobs, I would get more interview requests and such than I could handle. You think that with me being more experienced, with great references, and being really good at what I do, I would have no problem getting interviews and getting hired. Unfortuantely thats not the case. Tough vetting process.

For you younger ones, go to college to get a degree in a field that pays well and is in high demand

Unfortunately what I do for a living, despite how great I am at it, the supply of workers is greater than the demand. If I could do it again, I would have instead majored in something in which the demand outpaces the supply of labor.

Be thankful. It could always be worse.

As stressful as this situation is, it could always be worse. It gives you perspective.

I could be paralyzed in a wheel chair. I could be an amputee. I could be a cancer patient. I could be living in some Africa shithole warzone. But I'm not. I live in America, with a roof over my head, food in my stomach and the opportunity out there to succeed.

It could always be worse.

The flipside is true too. All of you faggots going through oneitis problems, that's nothing compared to the toll of stress that being unemployed puts on you. You might be stressed out sitting by your phone waiting for her to text you back, but at least your livelihood isn't on the line. Try sitting by your phone/computer hoping you get a phone call or email from a potential employer day in and day out. That's actual stress.

All of you who hate your job, be thankful you have an income stream and cash flow.