I am really fascinated with different ways of viewing the world. Those that take a view to leisurely enjoy until the curtain closes are as interesting as those who have a driving purpose to portray genuineness in art, tell truth to power, take power, or practically any other world view.

This fascination for theories, for world views, for different perspectives on how to conceptualise the world and their (our) place in it is something that I do not get tired of.

That's why it was so strange to me that when I was trying to make serious improvements to myself, I had trouble getting even minor success. Besides martial arts, I was having little success at most other facets of my life. My sex life was more luck than skill, my professional life shambles never making more than minimum wage with little room for improvement. But worst of all were my discipline and commitment to goals.

I decided to start keeping a log of everything that I felt I was failing at. I was pretty shocked at the results.

I honestly wasn't able to focus even 2 hours a week on goals I found important if it wasn't fun or interesting to work at. I wasn't willing, or able, to sacrifice.

And I didn't even realize it before I kept a log.

When I started keeping a log I discovered the disconnect between all the world views, self-improvement methods: It's really fucking simple.

Improving yourself is simple. Practising the same punch a million times is simple. Becoming a really good musician is simple. You just have to put in the work.

Of course you can't do this mindlessly; you have to know where you are aiming a punch, what technique you want to learn.

But even if you learn a bad technique, just the practice will make picking up the right technique far easier, because you have a whole internalised system for learning techniques, a habit for training the technique, a habit of checking your technique, the endurance and strength/speed for performing the technique. Even if you do it badly, you are facilitating your improvement.

You just have to do it. And do it frequently.

It's the same with redpill. The oft given advice is: Lift. Remember you're the prize. Have a personal mission. Approach.

It isn't complex at all. It's simple.

But that doesn't mean it's easy.

But how does one take that advice? Eat the redpill? Same thing as learning a martial arts technique. Repetition. You do it when you're tired and you remember that even if you're a bit cranky, you're still prize. You internalize it when you're unwashed perhaps downright reeking in garlic sweat, and you see that you're still able to give a girl you just met tingles. When you're tired and you only lift a 3/4th of what you normally lift, but you know you're reinforcing discipline.

It's not hard to become strong. You just lift until you are. Of course there's always details to improve, healthy food, side stuff.

But improvement is not complex. And in fact, your fear, your excuses LOVE complexity. The more complex you can make things in your head, the more justified you feel in postponing or calling off goals as too hard.

And yes, they're hard. But they're not complex. They're fucking simple. You just have to fucking do them and trust that many small actions results into a huge improvement. Because they do.