Some younger guys on here have this fantasy that they can keep a girl as a plate forever and ever. This is a really shitty goal. The fact is most plates have an expiration date. The more conservative and relationship oriented the girl is, the shorter that time limit. Also – what nobody on here wants to talk about for fear of looking like a pussy – the greater the tendency that YOU have to getting attached, the shorter that time limit also becomes.

Look, I know… Everyone on here is alpha af and has transcended blue pill human emotion or something. Well, as someone a little older, I’m going to say that that’s bullshit. We are all human. You can’t out game Mother Nature, and oxytocin eventually sneaks up on all of us. It’s not beta, it’s just physiology. I don't care how red pilled you are, unless you're a sociopath, you will become somewhat attached to any girl you spend time with long term. Mammal pair bonding and all that. Sure, you can deliberately slow down the process if you see her very irregularly, etc. but it's almost impossible to shut it down completely. Eventually, whether you want to admit it or not, you will start to get attached.

Of course every relationship is different. You can push past that relationship expiration date to a degree if you choose. With solid frame on a somewhat submissive girl, you can manage to put off any kind of official commitment almost indefinitely. But, trust me, you really don’t want to try. Even if you pull it off, it’s not gonna lead you anywhere good. Not only are you likely to mess her up somewhat, the truth is, you're going to be unintentionally fucking with your own head.

Are there exceptions to what I’m saying? Of course. I mean, if you and the girl are hyper self aware and 100% on the same page, you might be able to maintain something more casual for longer. Or if you or someone you’re seeing travels all the time for work or something where life circumstances make a commitment impossible… Yeah, things can stay as they are for quite a while. But I think these situations are the exception, not the rule. Very few girls want to just date forever. And, the uncomfortable truth about yourself that you should acknowledge, is that YOU might not be as capable of maintaining a casual relationship as you would like to believe. No matter how often you repeat that she’s “not your girlfriend,” after enough time goes by – subconsciously or consciously – “girlfriend” is exactly how you will BOTH likely begin to think of the relationship.

So do yourself a favor and don't try to game a girl for eternity. At a certain point, it’s LTR or gtfo. It’s not about safe guarding the girl’s feelings or giving her the commitment because she wants it. It’s about having the balls to really be honest with yourself about your own steadily creeping level of attachment and making a conscious decision to commit or not, before time and nature start to push that choice onto you.

Remember, by definition, EVERY relationship you’re in long enough becomes an LTR. But the intentional LTRs are a lot better than the ones you find yourself in because you tried to keep some random girl around longer than was good for anyone.

TLDR: Attachment is just physiology and it happens to all of us. Acknowledge you’re not above that emotion and avoid drama.