I don't really know what flair to add to this post, or where does it land, but I guess culture would be the best flair for this.

I was having a conversation with my father the other day, telling him how I stopped believing in love and romance, thinking that it is built on nothing but shared benefits and common beliefs and nothing else. Then I went on to saying the only people I'd think I have an idealized companionship with are my best buddies since kindergarten.

He then shoved a huge red pill in my throat telling me that love and friendship are identical, and told me about how he and his childhood friends grew distant after receiving a promotion at work while he decided to remain in place because he'd have a more malleable schedule, and grew closer to another batch of his friends.

The thing is, a friendship, no matter how long and how strong it is, will fade away once there is no longer anything to benifit from it, be it built on entertainment, cultural enrichment, sport, entrepreneurship and business, religion or whatever.

People say that a friendship that can last over seven years is a friendship that lasts forever. this is far from the truth.

People change with time, so will their attitude. They may find the red pill, the blue pill, drugs, God, Buddha, Odin. They may win the lottery and/or amass a huge sum of money, or whatever. If their newly reached state and newly found belief is challenged by some of their connections made, they'll gladly walk away from it.

We say:

AFC are like crabs trapped in a bucket, when one tries to escape, other AFC will try to bring it back inside the bucket.

Friendship is kind of like that.

That being said, how can friendship be any different from "Love"?

They belong to the same genre, Mythology and Fantasy.