Summary

The changes have started, and one of my old best friends confronted me. Telling me I don't need to change. The world where girls just throw themselves at high SMV guys isn't real.

Body

Spent the weekend at a bachelor party in Charleston, SC. Highly recommended as a good location to pick up.

We spent the day doing water sports and partnered up with a bachelorette party.. A girl from the party (who was married) picked me out saying "you're really hot." She had good bantering skills, and we flirted most of the day. This is a nice ego boost as I still feel the lingering pangs from my old oneitis (never again).

In the evening we went to a club in town. I isolated her from the group. Things progressed where I said "Listen, we better stop hanging out or I'm going to put you in a compromising position." She said "Yeah. You're probably right." (make out)

Ethically I'm conflicted. There are enough single girls out there and I don't have to hook up with the married ones. She's hot, and throwing herself at me. Decisions, decisions.

I take her back to the group. Doesn't really feel like a turn on for me anymore.

However, this field report is not about her. It's about my best friend from college.

We get back to the AirBnB and hang out a bit. He confronts me and says "Listen. I know you've been doing a lot of reading. Dominance, and all that stuff. I just wanted to let you know, smart girls don't like that."

This is incredible to me. I've been pretty consumed with the materials here, and it must be leaking. I do my best not to talk about fight club.

"I know you have a start up, and you're hanging out with some models out in LA [I work with fitness models in my start up]. That life, that's not real life. Smart girls, quality girls, want an equal partner. They want someone who communicates openly and rationally. You're already a great guy. You're great with girls. Everyone I know loves you. Everyone says you're the nicest guy. And a good girl, a quality girl, will recognize that."

I am blown away. It's like watching a movie in slow motion

"Yeah man. I know I'm a nice guy. And I love being nice. But have you heard the expression that nice guys finish last?"

"Yes. But they finish first in the end. And quality girls know that. That last girl you dated, that's on her man. Not on you."

"But doing the same thing over and over will get you the same results right?"

"Naw man. You just got unlucky. You're a great guy man."

He's right about that. I am a great guy. And now I'm going to be an attractive guy too :)

Conclusion

I will need to be even more conscious of my words around my old friends going forward. More about this friend of mine: he doesn't work out, cohabitates with his HB 6 LTR, makes a ton of money in NYC in real estate finance. We're both 35. I intend to see the world that's "made up." Let's go.