Last winter, I met a guy on Hinge. At the time, I was extremely overweight, loud, masculine, and a brainwashed liberal. A year and a half later, we have become best friends. It took a while — months of being friends and months of unexpected intimacy, but we fell in love. Despite our obstacles, we have built a strong foundation of trust between us. A while back we made an agreement to go on a second first date if I lost 90 pounds. I’ve lost over 60, and have no intentions of stopping, but every now and then have my doubts if he will ever commit, weight or not.

Presently, I’m extremely feminine, goofy, fun to be around, and warm. I dress well, carry myself maturely, and always look beautiful. I’ve changed my ways for the better and become a better woman. I struggle with anxiety but I have a therapist and have worked really hard to manage it appropriately.

In addition to regular communication and consistent quality time together, we’ve expressed our love for one another, how much we mean to each other, and even discussed what a potential future/marriage between the two of us might look like, but it’s as if we check all the boxes of a relationship without the title. He wants the ability to explore potential opportunities as they arise, but is not actively seeking a partner in someone else. I plan to lose the last 30, but have days where I have my doubts.

He holds passionate political beliefs, and does seek to share that with a partner. I see us going the distance, even if I’m not as passionate about the cause as he is.

Am I wasting my time? Am I wrong to dedicate myself to this? I believe he is ‘the one’ for me, and I know he loves me. Will it ever be enough?

Looking for honest feedback/advice!