I don't see a lot of posts on this so I'm going to ask what may be a very general question.

I find it difficult to deal with women in certain situations because I am perceived as soft. I do not really follow red pill philosophy at work or in my social life, but aspects of it seep in-- that is just how I am.

I've run into situations where women give me the "aw, poor thing" treatment and I can't really figure out why (I'm pretty self sufficient). I've had women very aggressively seek out my friendship, later to find that it was done in a manner of jealousy (one of these women was my boyfriend's colleague. She told him she'd like to befriend me, just ended up scoping me out and trying to get him alone. Felt like I was spinning at the time and had no idea how to "make my presence known" without looking insecure, boyfriend ended up squashing it). These are just a couple examples, but I sometimes feel like it's a lawless land among women. Little interactions are fine, but it's the ongoing relationships I struggle with. Older women love me, much younger women are easy to get along with-- women my age (mid-late 20's) don't seem to perceive me as an equal.

​

In general, how do you "make your presence known" when you sense someone is targeting you? How do you convey that you are strong, aware, and in control without becoming cold or looking insecure?

​

EDIT for clarity: I'm mostly talking about situations where you can't avoid someone, like at work, or if there is someone floating in your social circle. I tend to keep to myself, but I find that the women who act this way don't necessarily need your participation in order to work their agenda. I just don't like that so many women have felt they can take liberty with me, and I don't tend to have that problem outside of my female peer group.