Hello ladies! I've been learning about RPW over the past few months and have done a ton of learning and growing within myself in this time. I've really turned a corner mentally and emotionally, and my relationship has been changed for the better. I've read both Fascinating Womanhood and The Surrendered Wife, and I loved them both (though FW slightly more so!)

Anyway, in both of these books, it is suggested that we should admire our man, compliment him and appreciate him. This has been an area that I've struggled with on this journey. I genuinely appreciate so many things about my BF and I try to tell him these regularly, but it never feels quite natural, and he always shrugs off my compliments or makes a silly joke when I try to genuinely compliment him. For example, I told him the other night how I loved his muscles and he joked back "I love YOUR muscles!" (ps I have none, this was an obvious joke) and tickled me. While not a bad response, it certainly didn't feel as if the compliment resonated with him. I have often told him how hardworking and dedicated he is, as he typically works long hours. He usually responds to this with a "naaahhhh" or makes a face when I say things like this.

I guess I'm just wondering - is there some other way of making a compliment seem more natural to a man? Do you think I'm going about it in the wrong way? How can I compliment him in such a way that he believes it and it makes him feel good? I want him to know how much I admire him, but it feels like none of my attempts really get through. Is there another way I can let him know how much I admire and appreciate him?

Thank you all for all your help on this journey so far!!