I'm relatively new to RPW, but so far I've been really intrigued by and drawn to the emphasis on self improvement. In particular, I love the idea of focusing on how I can improve as a partner rather than whether my partner is doing his 'fair share.' And I've found that it works - the more effort I make to be helpful, kind, compassionate, and warm, the more effort he makes to do the same. And so we both end up scrambling to serve each other rather than ourselves, and it's wonderful.

However, I have been less drawn to some of the RPW philosophy - in particular, the Captain/First Mate dynamic. I've done my reading in the Sidebar, according to which the C/FM dynamic is "not the only RP relationship structure." But I haven't seen any references/allusions to alternative relationship structures in the posts.

So my question is - what are the other RP relationship structures, and how does RP philosophy for women fit within them? I'm having a hard time understanding how the RP perspective fits in a relationship with equal power dynamics because so much of the advice is framed around submission.