In general, I believe that we should nearly always give advice so that an OP can attempt to save a relationship first. Nearly always because the length and level of commitment are factors.

Lately, I've been talking with a dear friend whose marriage is on the rocks. From an RP perspective, their dynamic is a mess. She's a quintessential career woman with a better title and income than his. He's unhappy at work and lacks a purpose in life. He's gone from outgoing to not going out. Her respect for him is somewhat reasonably absent. While I hate to use the term to refer to a person and not a trait, he's an unmotivated beta. She should be beaten over the head with Surrendered Wife until she understands her role.

So I don't want to talk about them specifically (and I certainly don't want to break the "no advice on behalf of friends" rule) but I've gotten to wondering: are there situations where the relationship is just not salvageable. Since we're on RPW, I mean this specifically from the woman's perspective. Are there cases where a woman can't do anything to turn around a situation? Is it always worth the attempt? Are some relationships irrevocably broken?

I'll add as a final caveat: Laura Doyle's rules for when you can't fix it are: abuse, serial cheating and addiction. These are obvious situations when a relationship should end. But beyond these, are there times when it's better to cut your losses?

Edit: To be clear, I'm interested in these questions in regards to a lifetime committed relationship or a marriage. Not a one or two year relationship where life and a future are not yet shared