I know I have a lot of flaws, and for the past decade I've worked really hard on improving to be a better woman.

I get really down on myself and I feel hopeless every time I feel like I'm not measuring up to what I need to be, generally in life, but also in my relationships as a partner. I try really hard to be perfect and follow what I "should" be doing in order to be a woman worth being loved. However I just constantly feel like I'm not good enough.

I have a strict diet, exercise regularly, try to practice kindness to others and be cheerful, try to admit my mistakes, try to stay humble but also confident, try to be patient, friendly, helpful, try to look beautiful everyday. And yet I still feel like I'm not worth being loved.

How can I get over this? These thoughts put me in this sad mood and I also realize it's not attractive, then it becomes cyclical.

Details: 1) I'm hard on myself because I feel like I'm not fun to be around, so I try really hard to make jokes or witty comebacks to be interesting, because I feel that I'm boring. Then I'm hard on myself when I'm too energetic and entertaining, because then I become a handful.

2) I'm hard on myself when I'm "too nice" because I feel like a doormat or irresponsible, and then I feel unattractive when I'm too demanding/insistent because I'm afraid I come off as a control freak.

3) I'm hard on myself when I'm too hardworking (at my job and in my own responsibilities) because I'm afraid I come off as not able to have fun. On the other hand I'm hard on myself when I'm relaxing and being lazy because I feel like it's unattractive to be lazy.

4) I'm worried I'm not attractive enough so I try to dress nicely and look cute every day, but then I'm afraid of coming off as high maintenance or too "posh"/girly because I take a lot of care into my clothing choices.

Etc etc.......

Basically, I never feel that I'm ____ enough. Only if I were pretty enough, skinny enough, nice enough, interesting enough, funny enough, smart enough, submissive enough...etc etc....then I'm worth it, then I'm worth being loved.

Single at the moment but had a great few chances with some really great alpha men this year, which all failed for various reasons (some reasons out of my control).