Hello ladies,

I joined RPW about a year and a half ago (time flies!) and I really enjoyed all the advice about being feminine, vetting a man correctly, etc. I wonder now if RP is for me. It might not be, I don't think an ideology is supposed to fit everybody, so please keep an open mind.

These past 5-6 months I started dating again after a one year relationship followed by a 1.5 year "monk mode".

The dating scene changed quite a bit from when I was 18-19. Maybe it's because I was dating 18-20 year olds back then and now I'm dating 25-30 year olds. The biggest change I've noticed is that men want sex very early on. It has happened multiple times that a man thinks I'm too much of a "goodie two shoe" (since my n count was 1) even though they mention that there's something nice about it. Overall they made it sound like the negatives outweigh the positives. I've talked to other men (whom I had nothing romantic going on with) who told me they would never commit to a woman before having slept with her. That sex is so widely available these days that they wouldn't commit before at least knowing if they'll be satisfied sexually in the relationship. To me that's understandable.

Now I know this could be manipulation to get me to sleep with them. But I wonder to myself. Since I don't want marriage or children, I don't exactly want what is considered a traditional man. I'd want a DINK lifestyle with my partner. So I wonder if this kind of man would truly care about a woman's n count or not.

I've been seeing this man recently. We had a great connection and we ended up having sex. I did it because it felt natural, not because I wanted something in return (commitment). We ended up parting ways because of some incompatibilities, but I think I would've felt much worse if I had sex with expectations than simply having it because it felt natural. I also think if I had sex with him for the goal of a relationship, I might've stuck around longer than necessary, simply because of the investment I'd made in him. Instead, I was able to cut my losses without hurting because I understood sometimes things don't work out and I didn't "lose" anything in the process. It was a nice experience while it lasted.

I guess my question is whether I'm better to sticking with a sexual strategy like a RPW would or to simply go with my gut more often. I know there probably aren't too many women here with a DINK lifestyle but I'd still be curious to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!