Hi! I've been lurking for a while now and have recently been in the process of swallowing the red pill. It burns on the way down, but I think it'll ultimately be a good thing. But while I'm in the process of learning, I thought now would be a good time to ask for some advice.

Some background: I'm 18, a woman (obviously), and a college student. I have never had a boyfriend-not even one of those "boyfriends" you have in middle school. In hindsight, this is a good thing, because I was so cringey about relationships back then that it would have ended terribly. Of course, the downside is that I have no real relationship experience-only theories about what my ideal relationship looks like. My parents gave me very little guidance in this regard and my closest friends have never relationships, either, so I'm kind of in the dark on this.

So, what do you guys think about dating, knowing he's The One or a waste of time, etc? Also, where should I draw my dating pool from? You hear mixed things about college dating-everything from "college boys are a waste of time" to "find your husband in college"-so I'm wondering what y'all have to say on the topic.

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Thanks for all the wonderful advice!