Parents have a massive impact on their children, whether they know it or not. And today, I would like to share a few of the things my parents taught me, whether it was through observation or plain discussion.

A bit of back ground on them:

My father: Currently over 50 years, has a well paying job in a company. Married to my mom for 27 years in 2017.

My mother: Currently over 50 years, SAHM since I was born 18 years ago, has a degree in social work and family psychology. Currently hobbies involve jewelry making.

About them:

My mother was an extremely focused and driven person who swallowed the lie that all women need to have jobs. However, the biggest teaching she got from her father that she now passes onto me is "You should always be qualified to work, the rest is your decision." She got engaged to my father right after finishing undergraduation, but he refused to marry her until she had gotten her Master's. So she went off to study for two years and he set himself up with a job.

My father is a very jovial person. He's a jokester who loves lifting the mood, perfect to contrast with my mother's more serious personality. He loves to talk, loves to have detailed discussions and has strong opinions. He is also incredibly devoted to my mother. Now, even though he seemingly has blue pill traits, he's the furthest from it. In fact, he's the very definition of an Alpha, at least for me.

He has always been about making informed decisions, and was always a very strong pusher of female education. He doesn't agree with feminists though, since according to him they're a polarizing propaganda. My mother also always says that female empowerment doesn't come from safe spaces and burning bras, it starts from home.

My father has a very interesting way of taking leadership; he gives complete trust to the other person. He explains the entire thing to them and then leaves them to do their work. I don't know what it is, but everyone my father has ever worked with or employed speak very highly of him, are all in good places, and have never betrayed that trust. In fact, people seem to fall over their feet to make him happy.

As I began to grow older, my father was always about educating me properly with soft skills. He taught me money management, and our very first trip abroad to Singapore was one I had planned completely including the cash flows. He takes time out from doing important work when I get curious to answer my questions, and always encourages me to analyze his work, even in simple terms.

He also knows when to ask for help. Recently, he's been working with a lot of clients from East Asia, especially Japan. Since I watch a lot of anime and am sort of familiar with their ways of speech, he defers to me for information. Also, whenever it comes to animals, he wastes no time asking me for why this animal behaved the way it did. This taught me to accept when I don't know something, and learn from it.

As for his relationship with my mom, he is completely devoted to her. The only two women in his eyes are me and her. He has trained her to be able to handle stuff without him, so in case anything ever happens to him, we won't be unable to take care of ourselves. My mother is a charismatic and social person, with high intelligence, and even when she isn't fit and slim (not grotesquely fat either) she carries herself with a level of dignity. my father has complete trust in her to the level he allows her to buy whatever she wants, and she never betrays that trust by buying all the time. Only once in a while does she ever go out to buy something.

My father has had me take over cash flow management of the house. I have access to the family bank account completely. He trusts me to know how to use the money, and I also have never betrayed his trust. He has also taught me how to book flight tickets and vet for the right fares, so whenever he calls me from his office, I can check a flight and relate the details to him quick and efficiently. It probably is a huge relief to him.

Teachings:

• Freedom is responsibility: One of the best things that I have internalized over the 18 years of my life; just because you have the freedom to do something, doesn't mean you have to do it. My parents taught me completely that it is when I have the chance to do anything, that's when I should be making rational decisions. The type of freedoms I have is unlike other kids my age, but I don't need to abuse it. My parents trust me to use the information and opportunities I have on hand wisely, and they have incredible trust in me. I have realized that trust is a form of pressure, and I always want to make the right decision. Granted, this has resulted in another extreme for me, where I am terrified of making mistakes.

• Be responsible for your actions: My parents taught me that everyone has the choice to choose whatever they want to do. However, they told me that whatever decision I make, I need to take responsibility for the outcomes, good or bad. This has become natural for me, where I try to analyze every single choice I have, all sides of the argument, become I come to a decision. My parents can now trust me to make decisions, because they know they have been well thought out. This way, I have also learnt not to judge. If a woman is riding the CC, it is her choice, as long as she understands the outcomes and consequences of her actions. I am a virgin and I plan to stay one until I meet my SO, and even that action has consequences and outcomes, both bad and good. I have accepted that choice completely.

• Female Empowerment starts at home: A big teaching from my mother, that has stuck with me all along. Little gullible me always thought if you were a human you needed to be a feminist, but my mother saw it differently. According to her, it comes down to the men in the household, the fathers, the brothers, the grandfathers, the husbands, how they raise the girl child. Female empowerment starts at home, not on the streets shouting about the right to wear a miniskirt.

• Career =\= Empowered woman: All too often a career is associated with empowerment. My parents taught me this wasn't true. While women have the complete freedom to have a career, too many have associated their identity with their work, not seeing it as just a part of their life. My mother is my inspiration, she is an individual, with opinions and wisdom. I see so many women running out with careers trying to juggle everything from house to kids. They also can't talk about anything except their careers. My mother is a SAHM, and she is a person who I aspire to be. My parents do encourage me to work in my field of interest, but they always tell me that it doesn't mean I am an empowered woman. Career is an opportunity, not an empowerment. It is only a facet of a person's being, not their identity.

• Do your research: On the topic of career, my parents always urged me to do my research into what I wanted to pursue. Their urging got me to the point where I'd go on university sites and see what are the course modules of a particular major and if it was beneficial to me. They also urged me to check out scope and career possibilities in that field. Now I can confidently say that I know what I'm doing, unlike my other peers. A friend of mine, soon going abroad for Liberal Arts, does not even know what it means, what it entails, what are the teachings, career possibilities, etc.

• Focus: One thing I keep getting from other people is that I am laser focused on my endgame. If I set my mind to something, I follow it like a hawk. I can take some distractions here and there, but I never waver from my original goal. I do talk on a lot of topics, but I believe talking is different from actually doing it. My focus is precisely the reason why I'm not interested in a relationship right now, since I'm pretty young. Right now, my priorities are my education and building my resume, there is time for me to find a soulmate.

• Gratitude: The best and most important teaching, my parents taught me to be grateful for what I have. I know I have grown up pampered and spoiled, but I also know that I am better off than so many of my same age peers. I am eternally thankful to them.

This got long very fast...

I've wanted to write this ever since I came across the Red Pill. I was mostly interested because my parents are leaders in their own right, with an amazing dynamic and very devoted to one another, yet they aren't completely Red Pill. My mom can make decisions in my father's stead, and my father is not a stoic, hard, cold man. Yet, the world seems to bend over for them, and I felt it could spark a conversation over on here, that maybe even TRP doesn't know all there is to male/ female dynamics.

This was just a post in appreciation of my parents, the two people I trust more than myself.

EDIT: A word