I’ve been with my LTR for 3 years now and it’s been pretty good. Stable jobs, good income, very little drama or fighting. However my mom has been sick recently and last week it took a turn for the worse. She eventually passed away. My dads not around anymore and I’m an only child so I had to handle the funeral planning by myself pretty much.

My girlfriend did help me with everything. I didn’t cry or tear up when she passed, at the funeral, or when we buried her. I never was a crier at all. Haven’t cried in almost 17 years. Except the next morning I got up and was in the shower and I remembered my mom and how much I loved her and I started silently sobbing. At least that’s what I thought...

Apparently it was loud enough for my girlfriend to wake up and hear me. She ended up taking her pajamas off and coming into the bathroom and stared at me for a second. She saw me crying and I tried to stop for a bit but she got into the shower with me told me it’s ok and I started bawling my eyes out while hugging her. She held me and told me it’s ok, that she’s in a better place now. I don’t know how long we were in there but it felt like forever.

I know TRP states never cry in front of a woman that isn’t your mother. She’s never seen me cry before in the 3 years we’ve been together. I also couldn’t just leave I was in the shower. And I broke down in front of her. Do you think this will damage my LTR?