I have several close friends...or so I thought. I'm starting to rethink shit. I'm at that age(late 20's) where every one of my friends is either already married or engaged. We all used to hang out at least once a week.

I consider these guys my brothers but goddam, it's fucking impossible to coordinate plans with them. I know they would be there for me if I needed them, but actually planning fun shit to do with them is like pulling teeth.

I know this happens with age, but man I feel like I need to find new outgoing friends who aren't tied down to a bitch. Seems like a hard thing to do unless you share a common obsession or hobby.

The only positive thing about most LTR's is that your girl is usually down to do whatever you want to do, as long as you take the lead. This just reaffirms that at the end of the day, you only have yourself.

I went on vacation by myself a few weeks ago FFS. I still had a blast but it would have been better to share it with someone. It just sucks because it feels like I put in more effort to maintain friendships while they are just complacent in their routine and wives/girlfriends.

Can you effectively make close friends after you're 25?

EDIT: left out a key word in the title. The only reason I "would" want an LTR.....I'm not actively seeking one lol