Forgive me if this is sidebar material, but I'm kind of pressed for time here.

I've been with my LTR for a year now. Our relationship has been shaky due to the fact that she is insecure and needs lots of reinforcement. This results in her getting upset with me for ridiculous things, which in turn has caused my attraction in her to fade. Having said that, she is beautiful, fun, smart, and a great partner in my life.

This is not the first time I have found myself feeling that I can do better, or continuously telling myself I need to end the relationship. It is not the first time I have questioned whether or not I am taking a great thing for granted. This leads me to the topic of my post..

Does love exist?

I have yet to feel this, and it is the one thing that has pulled me away from good relationships. I am always longing for more, hoping there is someone out there who consumes my thoughts more than those of myself. Is this just a beta idea? Will I only feel love by succumbing to the beta, white knight mentality?

We broke up two weeks ago. We had been drinking and entered another fight. I had started keeping a log of all the times I had forgiven her - as a reminder. This time, she bluffed, and suggested a break. I called it, ending the relationship, to her regret.

Since then, I have hit the gym, kept myself busy, and felt overall good. But I still can't help but think I just passed up on something too good. So I told her we could grab dinner and see if any feelings are left. Then she began acting like we were together but didn't hold back while telling me about her plans to get a boob job and how she had other men (people I'm friends with) awaiting her return to the market.

This took me from annoyed to angry quicker than I'd like to admit, so I left the conversation and haven't spoken to her since.

I know most of you will say 'next'. I have been on the other side and know it is the simple solution, but I'm looking for some kind of acknowledgement that good relationships are hard to come by, and that maybe I was just being a prick by thinking I could do better. In other words, am I the problem here?

Set me straight.