lol. fuck. better to ask my rp community than my friends. i'll keep it short.

TL;DR - 4 year ltr. read text convo with some dude about them hanging out to go boating. she agreed but flaked on him and lied about the reason she flaked. but it was really bc she was with me.

as title states...i've been in an ltr for 4 years and this is what happened.

-gf left phone on the bed to go gossip with her sister in other room

-its not locked so curiosity got the best of me

-saw text message convo with some dude whos name i've never heard of. (after 4 years,our circle of friends is tight and i know most of her coworkers names too)

-to preface, this guy sounds like a complete fag. (literally says shit like "i can't wait to hang out with you" lol)

-so she agreed to go out with him to go "boating"

-flaked on him and made some story up about why she couldn't make it. (its bc we were together that night but she said its bc she was babysitting her niece)

-i read the whole thread of convo. seems like she had deleted another convo and he texted her again because at the top of the convo (the oldest message) was just a picture like if it was a continuance of some other message. idk

-the convo was mainly logistics. him trying to convince her to come out but she kept making shit up.

now, i'm not gonna pretend i didn't read that shit. we have a few trips planned out for the rest of the year but i will not hesitate to cancel the flights and trips we have booked and drop her ass.

to add, i have never seen signs of infidelity until now. or maybe i've missed them? who knows i'm not gonna pretend like i'm some fucking guru. i've been reading/practicing trp material since 2010. she doesnt have FB or IG that i know of. she does have snapchat.

i haven't told her i read it or anything. what do you guys think? downgrade? next? hardcore dread? hardcore NC?