I used to know a guy who was really into religion. I don't know what our consensus on Christianity is here, but in every other way this guy was certainly someone to look up to, and sometimes, consequently, I find myself pondering what little I remember from the Bible. That includes it's sex teachings.

I was at a music event a few weeks back. I get off stage, the next band starts loading on and this girl starts chatting me up. One of the other bandmembers brought her out. She's been to a few other shows I've played, so I know she likes what she hears, and this night I'm 100% sure she's sober. Good, nothing working against me. We talk a bit, we've got a lot to relate to and she seems to like every word coming out of my mouth in that certain special way.

And with her ride having a few other stops to make, she's an easy burden to lift off him and it's obvious my night's gonna end in this girl's bedroom.

At this point I start to panic. I'm about to violate a big no-no in most major religions against my own inclinations. What if I convert? I'm gonna regret this one in the morning just like every other minor encounter, I could be making shit worse for myself. So I never properly coordinate with her transportation and we go our separate ways.

I have no regrets from that. But attention is a sign of power and appeal, I'm afraid after doing this a few times I'll start to come across as some sort of pansy.

With nothing to gain from a one-nighter, that'd be a real shame.