tl;dr: I told her I missed my ex. A month later she gives me a chance but she feels like a second choice. I didn’t talk to her because I was busy one night and she blocked me from everything.

I [M22] have been seeing this girl [F24] on and off for about a year. I kind of put this girl tn my ex with her until recently. She was willing to look past my mistakes. We were good for a month until I texted her one night saying I still missed my ex. She goes “You know I have to set you free right?” So she did.

She was good to me. She was there to listen to me the day I buried my cousin who had passed. She took me out for my birthday and she even paid. No girl ever paid for me. Whenever I tried taking my wallet out she said “you shouldn’t be taking any money out on your birthday.” She was great.. I just felt guilty about what I did to my ex and we told each other we’d be honest with how we feel.

After that, I showed up to my ex’s house and tried apologizing for everything and she just told me to leave because she has a new boyfriend. Weeks pass and I text the other girl telling her I never deserved her. She said “you told me you missed her and wanted her through texts. Shows what kind of person you are. She can have you.”

She was cold for a few weeks, but fast forward somehow she let me take her on a six flags date. Everything went well, we had a conversation where I told her I wanted to make her a priority. She said “if someone told me I was going to meet a guy who had a girlfriend the whole time.. I would say no way in hell. I don’t know why I try to rationalize everything with you.” She also said “I want to be vulnerable and do things like text you and tell you when I’m thinking about you but I can’t.” We communicated but a couple days later she texts me saying she isn’t feeling it, she feels like a second choice, and that she wants to dodge the next bullet before it hits her again. I told her “I wish you practice what you preached and told me this in person.” She said “It’s not like you didn’t see this coming. When you told me you missed your ex through texts, that shit I didn’t see coming. I want to protect myself. I’m not ending things. I’m just letting you know what’s on my mind.”

So the next night she texts me “are you free to talk tonight?” and I replied 3 hours later saying I’m working on my music at my house and she replied “okay.” Then I found out she blocked me from everything. Did I fuck up? How do I get her back?