I know this isn’t TRP specific but I wanna see what likeminded men think about this.

I’m 22, recently graduated from a good school with high grades and no debt (thanks dad), and landed a pretty decent job for my age. I recently found a place to move to near my work where I’d live alone but my family is guilt tripping me for doing so.

My mother cries whenever she brings up the subject and my father keeps reminding me how he paid for my education as if by not moving out I am somehow paying him back. My father is always at work so I am usually doing the heavy lifting at home like fixing shit, car maintenance, carry out grocieries, my family’s taxes, etc. And I know that when I move out they have to learn how to do all these things themselves, but they are refusing.

For example, I asked my 19 year old sister to watch me doing HER taxes so she can do them next year alone, and she refused to do so and had my parents side with her as if I am the tax-man of my family and it’s my duty to file their taxes until the day I drop. I tried to teach them other basic shit I do like changing car oil and windshield fluid and all that, they refuse.

Idk what to do. I want to move out so bad but I don’t want to hurt my ties with my parents and deep down I know that they’ll go through a rough patch when I move out given they depend on me for many things

Wtf do I do