I've not submitted a post to AskTRP in a long time, but a recent situation stirred up some curiosity.

After attending a late night class I'm enrolled in, I visited a crafty cocktail bar last week and ended up having a conversation with a couple of girls (who probably had each had 1.5-2 drinks already).

They started asking me about my recommendations for where they should go next, and even tried to persuade me to come dancing with them. I live about 30 min north of where they were, and it was a work night...so not the greatest deal. Plus, I'd be fully entering into their frame rather than controlling it myself.

Could be fun! But also leaves a lot up to chance and could be a problem. It was flattering enough to see them try to coax me into it.

Anyway, I got the number from one of the two girls and told her that dancing wasn't going to work but I'd take her to an even better cocktail bar one day on the weekend soon. They both said goodbye and ran off. She saved herself into my phone with the last name "Hunnybuns."

To the question: I've never really been clear on what to do after getting the number — I don't like the notion that I have to wait around for a few days just to seem coy. So I usually just follow my gut and avoid saying anything needy.

I texted her a couple hours later and said something along the lines of "Nice meeting you 'hunnybuns' (making a callback to the conversation), we'll have to make a trip to (name of bar) soon"

Anyway, I never heard a reply out of her and I'm not really losing sleep over it lol. I know that not every number turns into a thing, I was mostly just pleased that I visited a bar by myself and ended up chatting up a couple of HB8's to the point where I got a number.

I suppose the "Right" thing to do would have been to follow them along to the next destination and try to close them? But it's not really my style.

Do I consider this one a "next" or do I bother again with reaching out after a week or so?