How do you stay on track?

I go to the gym with a fat (if not obese) friend, he lives close to me and speaks my native language so we go to the gym together, but the thing is that he always makes up excuses to not go to the gym.Today for example he told me that a girl told him they should just be friends and he was crying all day, and that he couldn't find clothes for the gym. I told him to get his shit together and come because it will help him out but he said he didn't have any clothes, I just went with the flow and said ok. The guy is Red Pill aware but the definition of Blue Pill, he just doesn't want to swallow the pill and I don't care.

Anyway to get on my point, how should I go about going to the gym? I saw my self on the mirror and I've been getting fatter and fatter each day (around 1 week that I've not been to the gym), I know I am using him as an excuse and that I could always go alone and thats what I used to do when he made up excuses but going alone is boring and I cant go alone for more than 1 week.

Do you have any tricks on how to stay on Track and stop slacking off?