A bit of background, I met this backpacker from Holland in early December last year. I knew she dug me initially because I didn't care for her. But then I was pretty bitch beta when i realised she liked me a little, so nothing happened. I also think this may have killed her interest as well. Then I didn't see her since late December. Since January, I've been slowly swallowing the pill.

Last Thursday on March 14 I said fuck it and texted her with 'Hey Holly, How's it going? When do you leave Melbourne?' She says she's well and she leaves in April. Then I reply with 'we should grab coffee Friday afternoon.' She didn't respond. On messenger it said she had not 'seen' the message, but I'm sure she probably would have seen the notification and just not bothered to click it. Then today on the 24th March she replies back with 'Oh my God so sorry I totally forgot.'

​

Now what should I do?

Anyone with previous experience, please tell me how to handle this. What are her motives for bothering to respond to the message? Why the need to respond when she most likely saw it earlier?