Like do you ever suddenly feel like you’ve been hit by a ton of bricks about how beta you’ve become?!

So I’ve been seeing this girl for 4 months. She has a high sex drive and the sex has been great, like seriously.

However, recently I’ve been quite stressed out at work (excuses I know) which has totally distracted me, slowly outside of work I’ve realised that I’ve started slipping into my old beta ways.

For example today, I invited the girl above for some mid week drinks presuming she would stop at mine after, like she has a few times. However, when she shows up she doesn’t have her over night bag she always has and when I lightly quizzed her on this, she basically said I didn’t say she was stopping over and she presumed I didn’t want her to, as she knows how busy I’ve been at work. I should mention she is extremely submissive and wouldn’t make a proactive move I.e she expects me to lead which is fair enough and what I like.

I’ve realised I’ve slipped up here and need to make my intentions 100% clear with her constantly.

I sort of laughed it off at the time and said I’ll be more clear next time, but I ultimately I want to reassert the lead position. How do I approach this?

Do I bring it up again apologetically, try and laugh the mis-communication/ lack of leading off or just leave it? She seemed very disappointed when I mentioned she could have stopped over, and said she would have liked to.