Hey guys, i swallowed the pill long ago and pretty much mainly applied it to self improvement aspects of my life. However, my chosen career requires long hours alone (writing and editing) so that’s what I did. I read books, worked on literature, and self-published a bit on a blog.

While it was great to sharpen my skills, i’ve now reached a point where I need to get my work out there in the world and I’m starting to see all my old insecurities resurfacing.

I reached out to some of my teachers via email for some advice and got no response - i took it as me being ignored but i’m starting to realize they are probably just busy and unconcerned with a student who already graduated.

I’m starting to get some response from literary agents, but once I get an email or two they go dark and I don’t know if it’s just part of the waiting game or them ghosting me.

Basically, i’m now in a position where I need validation from others to reach the next step in my career, and when combined with the fact that I am extremely low on the totem pole to them, i’m starting to feel insecure about the long periods of just... waiting.

Waiting for someone to take time out of their schedule to read what i’ve been pouring myself into and say “good job dude”.

I don’t know how to deal with it.