I am an alcoholic at this point. I drink 4-6 days a week. Atleast 6 beers. Sometimes 12. I have had successes in my life in terms of finances, women, physique etc. But right now I find myself in a place where the alcohol is taking over everything. I can't seem to care about those other things. All I care about is my paycheck and getting that 12 pack/bottle of whiskey. I hate being a drunk. I am stressed constantly while I am drinking, to the point where people will comment that I am stressed while I drink more than other times. The next day my self esteem is so low, I can hardly go to work. I look forward to natural disasters so I can stay in bed and just get up and get drunk in the evenings. The shame is overwhelming.

I still remember the first time I drank, at age 17. That was the best experience in my life at that point. Better than sex. I am about to me 28 now. I feel it's been too long, living this miserable lifestyle. I want to actualize my potential. I want to be satisfied with my existence. From morning 9 am till 6 PM evening, I am on board with this thinking, but then something else takes over. I can literally see a different personality take over and drive myself to the liquor store.

I am getting fat, lazy and brain-fogged. I fear these are only going to get worse as I get older, if I don't stop the drinking. Please tell me how I can do it. Please don't post ideas that you have read somewhere, as I have read plenty of them myselves, but post methods you have seen/experienced succeed. Is there a plan, like there are for workouts? I just want a structure I can follow and liberate myself from this self created hell.