I recently turned 20. Just last year I had my first kiss and my [albeit short term] first girlfriend. As it turned out, we weren't meant for each other and quickly broke up. So far I've made out with 5 different chicks (which, I know, isn't a lot. But do cut me some slack I've only started a year ago); all the while never managed to actually get to the point of having sex

I'm starting to feel desperate. I'm scared that I'll stay a virgin. It's turned into an obsession preventing me from being able to study or keep a good mood. I'm can't stop reminding myself of the fact that I'm the only member of most of my friend groups that still hasn't had sex yet. I'm embarrassed about it and it's leading to low self-esteem and desperation.

That's why I'm considering going to a prostitute. I hope that it'll take away the blockade that's formed in my mind about this. That forcing my first sexual experience (by means of paid sex) rather than having it happen naturally (if it ever will), will help me regain control of my thoughts and give me the peace of mind I need to be able to fix chicks again.

Why am I posting this? I want to know what you suggest. Maybe you can tell me about your own experiences? Maybe tell me what is normal and what isn't about first sexual experiences. Do you think I should go to a hooker to lose my virginity?