This story is not gonna be as simple as the title.

There is a girl that works as a bartender in a bar where I recently became regular. One time me and my buddy chatted up 2 girls (HB9 and HB7) on the bar, played truth or dare with them, teased, etc... The bartender on the girl noticed me interacting with these cute girls and that was the day she started eying me. Since that night, every time I ordered her a drink she would give me the drink with fixed eye contact, wide smile... She didn't do that with other customers. Lots of times she saw me having fun with friends, talking to girls, and I think that increased my SMV in her eyes greatly. I told one of my friends that I really really like her, that she is my type of girl and that I plan trying to get her. He also said that he thinks she is very cute but he gave me the heads up to "go get her", and he is involved with another girl, so I thought he would not interfere. The last few days I've had a few short convos with her, small talk and teasing, but I didn't number-close or set a date. Last night I decided to stop postponing and ask her for number or instagram account. I was at the bar with a few friends (guys and girls). I approached her on the bar, talked a bit, asked her age (18), asked for instagram account username, she gave it to me, I told her I will remember it because I can't connect to the wi-fi right now. After that I was having fun with friends, chatting her up a bit again a few times, then going back to friends again, didn't want to look desperate and clingy ignoring my friends and spending the night on the bar talking with her. Then something unexpected happened. The one friend who also thinks she was cute, approached her and chatted her up in front of my eyes. I mean, what the actual fuck. What happened with bros before hoes? He talked to her more then I did, obviously didn't care about looking needy or pushy. When he came back he teased me like "maaan I talked to her longer then you, i am better player then you bla bla" you now the usual bro roasting stuff.

Now, I have her instagram username. When should I follow her? How much time do I wait? 1 day? 2 days? More?

The next day my friend texted me that she followed him first on instagram, and she claims he didn't give her his username, he says she found him somehow. It's a small town so she might have asked around. I'm really confused. I had the impression that she liked me a lot more then him. He is not much better looking then me, We are both short but he is shorter. I lift, he doesn't. The only thing he is better is that he has high smv profession (a dentist), and I am still in college studying engineering.

Is it possible that she followed him because she thinks I have forgotten her username and she followed him because she expects him to tell me that and send me a link of her instagram? Far fetched theory but possible.

What should I do next? Follow her on instagram or wait?