TRP.RED: Home | Blogs - Forums.RED: ALL | TheRedPill | RedPillWomen | AskTRP | thankTRP | OffTopic
New Old Top
Login or Register

696 - [TheRedPill] The Most Powerful Tool in Your Arsenal: The Ability to Walk Away

[-] gmos905 12 Points 2 years ago

Was thinking about leaving my current girl today, because things aren't going how I want them to be going lately. And every time I decide it's time to let her go, she seems to act just how I wanted to begin with and we bring our relationship to another level

1241 - [TheRedPill] Why Behavioral Addiction Will Destroy You

[-] gmos905 5 Points 11 months ago

I was going to suggest the opposite. Have Reddit and social apps on the phone, but block everything on the computer. Then when you're on the computer, you're there to work. The set periods you allow yourself your cell phone, you can scroll.

180 - [TheRedPill] Summary of Chapter 1 of Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene - Master Your Emotional Self. The Law of Irrationality (Long Post + Video)

[-] gmos905 4 Points 3 months ago

Yep, went through it once. Now going through again and summarizing the important points. Great book

116 - [TheRedPill] Summary: Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene. Chapter 2: Transform Self Love Into Empathy - The Law of Narcissism

[-] gmos905 3 Points 3 months ago

I think this just comes with a lot of time on the earth and a lot of self reflection. You can't just know yourself, you need to try things and discover what actually matters to you, find role models who inspire you and figure out what it is about them that you resonate so strongly with.

Read a ton of books from all sorts of things and you can begin to carve out your true self. This is why switched on older guys have a strong frame, they've reflected a lot and discovered who they really are and what they care about.

20 - [TheRedPill] The Law of Covetousness Summary - Laws of Human Nature - Robert Green - Chapter 5

[-] gmos905 3 Points 2 months ago

I think regardless of gender if you do presence absence it'll have an effect. To be honest with you there's a girl I liked a lot here in Mexico who then started being quite absent and it made me want to talk to her a lot more. Eventually we stopped speaking entirely so there's a limit to it but it definitely helps not making yourself too available.

70 - [TheRedPill] Laws of Human Nature Chapter 3 Summary: The Law of Role Playing

[-] gmos905 3 Points 2 months ago

Great points here all in all. I do want to put the caveat that all of this is from the book and I don't necessarily agree with it. In terms of leadership and alphaness.. I don't know I just live my life.

The key lesson to take from this chapter is to embrace that you have a role that you're playing, play it well... and also remember to not take people's words at face value. pay attention to their behaviours and their subconscious movements because if you don't you're going to get fucked over.

I think that's an actionable way to look at the chapter. The details themselves aren't that important and you may agree with some and disagree with others.

116 - [TheRedPill] Summary: Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene. Chapter 2: Transform Self Love Into Empathy - The Law of Narcissism

[-] gmos905 2 Points 3 months ago

That's something I left out of this that's mentioned in the book. That there has been a gigantic rise in narcissism since the 1970's and a lot of it can be contributed to social media. I believe there was an absurd spike in 2011 if I'm remembering what I heard from Jonathan Haidt correctly when he was on JRE

What you talk about is actually in the next chapter of this book. We all wear masks to hide our ugly nature, it's completely natural and how society evolved. Being vulnerable is very, very important and one of the best things I've ever learned to do. communicate honestly, love yourself, and be open about your feelings to others.

Ambition is fine. Although some people don't think about it as good. Just hide your ambitions from those people, only reveal amounts to specific people in your life. Not everyone needs to know everything.

I would also look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. You have this thing about shitting on yourself if you don't accomplish everything it seems. And with CBT you could do well to reframe those automatic mental thoughts into something positive. That way you don't feel down on yourself and you can bounce back from things quicker. It looks to me like you're almost there, just at the tip, but then somethings holding you back. If you just reframe it to believe and know you're already there then you can just effortless cross that threshold.

180 - [TheRedPill] Summary of Chapter 1 of Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene - Master Your Emotional Self. The Law of Irrationality (Long Post + Video)

I felt the beginning of it was a little soft due to the changing times, but it went back to 48 Laws form towards the middle and end.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll be posting chapter 2 this weekend :)

I agree it's a masterpiece. I haven't enjoyed a book like this in a long time.

20 - [TheRedPill] The Law of Covetousness Summary - Laws of Human Nature - Robert Green - Chapter 5

[-] gmos905 2 Points 2 months ago

Oh yes. This is a very important thing to keep in mind with game and people in general. Cat-string theory

42 - [TheRedPill] Laws of Human Nature Chapter 4 Summary: The Law of Compulsive Behaviour

My pleasure. I think it's definitely something that we need to keep in mind consciously. It's so easy to just take words at face value and forget that to really look into past behaviours and what you can do to change yourself

42 - [TheRedPill] Laws of Human Nature Chapter 4 Summary: The Law of Compulsive Behaviour

Fully, fully agree we can change who we are and that our brains are plastic. Only thing is we need to consciously do it. Otherwise we are being molded by our circumstances which is never going to work out good for us.

70 - [TheRedPill] Laws of Human Nature Chapter 3 Summary: The Law of Role Playing

Very interesting post. I think it's a gigantic problem with social media that everyone has to recycle old pictures from vacations and things in order to seem like we're living our best life.

Then you go into monk mode and you're forgotten about. So it's almost like the only time people seem like you're doing good is when you're posting and if you step away to actually better yourself it's assumed you're doing bad

I appreciate this feedback /u/BobbyPeru. I was thinking it may be too wordy. Will cut down to the most basic facts next time. Maybe just main lessons to take from the chapter.

Load More